Ceramic coating

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Ceramic coating

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

@grunty-motor are they harmful to the coating? I assume they would never really be able to stick as the coating is so slick, but are there other reasons not to use them?

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

they will eventually just clog up the underlying coating. Gyeon wetcoat especially seems to leave a residue after a few coatings. Turtlewax doesnt seem any better.

they wont harm anything though, as they can be stripped off and the original coating shines thru.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Nice one Stripe.

Gtechniq GWash is a really good PH neutral shampoo and will suit the coatings well.

You will also need either C2V3 or their new Easy Coat to top the coating now and again. The C2V3 may seem expensive but can be diluted down to produce a decent quick detailer and/or drying aid for every wash. All good stuff and if you don’t live far from me, I can sell you some C2V3 cheap as I bought a gallon last year for about £65 which will last for ever for me.

I’d also invest in some of their Citrus Snow foam too. Again, decent stuff that will work well with your coatings.

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

@grunty-motor that’s interesting and good to know, thanks!

@DaveRS3
    thanks for the pointers, I’ll make sure to pick some of those things up soon. Whereabouts do you live?

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

@stripe – Im in Brighouse, West Yorks where it feckin’ freezin at the moment. Couldn’t believe it this morning at 05:30 it was -8.

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

@DaveRS3 that’s miles from me unfortunately. We’ve got it comparatively balmy in the South!

gary1234
    Participant

UK - England

That looks fab

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

@davers3

Work up at brighouse a lot. I’ll look out for you next time. Normally, getting a quick snack at Sainsbury’s at 8am as the plant I go to is just round the corner.

NB FPM375

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Stu. Sorry I missed this, not been on the forum for the last week or so.

Your not the guy I stopped a couple of years ago in Brighouse to give you a card for the local RSOC are you?. Wasn’t in the RS.

I do see a couple of NB’s now and then in Brigarse.

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

No mate, I’ll be in the mrs’ CMax.

NB FPM375

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ceramic coating. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!