Definitely selling….

Home Forums Marketplace Cars For Sale (Mk3 Focus RS only) Definitely selling….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

I have put a deposit on a car and agreed a poor trade in value for my car. Would love to see it go to a new owner from here rather than auction, so am attempting to sell in the next two weeks. Details are:

2017(17), 36.2k miles, MG with lux pack, FPM375 upgrade, Winter pack, ghost, full service history (not Ford, mainly mountune and FJRS), paint protection (Titan coatings), head gasket recall completed (John Grosse in Ipswich), great condition. The alloy wheels will need to be repainted as they are flaking (no kerb damage) and one front fog light is cracked. I have owned since 33 miles, but due to it being sold pre-registered I am the second owner. MOT/Service due end March.

Never used the launch control or drift mode, but don’t know how I can prove that. Tyres are all good and I think 7mm+ of tread on each.

No shell seats

Based in Colchester, North East Essex

After £23k for a quick sale and to better the trade in value – please note that this is time limited as it will be traded in around the second week of Jan.

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

That is good value.

Coastliner

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Did you get a price from “motorway” they seem to better WBAC.  Just another option.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

Yes, have a price from motorway as well, but giving it a few days on here. Not going down the Facebook or ebay route as i don’t want test pilots!

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

Without any nibbles on here, I am proceeding with a potential motorway sale, which I hope will better the trade in value. It is/still will be available until either of these are confirmed and hope someone is looking for a new year bargain in the next week or so!

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

What they offered out of interest

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

Happy to share figures once it it sold – either way, it is certainly not a good time to sell a car…… But is a good time to buy one!

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

I thought you sold it to motorway

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

the Motorway system is a trade auction.
    they give a starting price for the seller to accept. The auction lasts just one day. Mine went for about 2k more than the start price to Evan’s Halshaw who had previously offered me a lot less!

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

Have agreed a sale via motorway, waiting for collection on Monday where they will reduce the price if they find anything that I have not declared – I am not aware of anything, so hope to get the full price. I will confirm after pick up.

Not good news for others selling at the moment – For information, westealanycar offered £19k, others ranged from £17k to £20k. Was offered £20k on trade in, Motorway was better.

On the positive side, I have saved over £22k on the car I am purchasing….

Have included the mk3focusrs club stickers in my ‘welcome to your car’ pack, so hopefully the new owner will join here after purchase.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by Eruliaf.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Good luck with it……  out of interest I put mine into Motorway to see the figures,  for sure the Mk3 is down these days, in time I guess may recover a little.   My GR Yaris on the other hand is holding up better for now. 28.5K after nearly 3 years……

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Prices seem to drop dramatically in general once a car is 5 years and older as it’s just an old car at that point onwards.
    Prices will recover hopefully not at the speed the Mk1 FRS did which took 16 years to improve from a used car price of £6-£9k to the present day value which is mostly double the pre 2018 prices.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

Car is now gone. I will hang around on the forum for a bit in case the new owner joins and wants to know the history of the car – will probably start with a ‘can’t believe that they got it back on the road’ just to see their reaction!

All the best, it has been fun – with the exception of the quantity of spam and a single foul mouthed Scot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Definitely selling….. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!