Drove a Subaru WRX STI today

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Drove a Subaru WRX STI today

• This topic has 36 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by A.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

rampant
    Participant

UK - England

I liked it.

When I put my foot down, it accelerated in a straight line. When I overtook a slower car it went exactly where the steering input demanded.

No weaving. No fuss. No corruption. No unwanted deflection.

It was a revelation.

I invite your comments?

Yours Aye

Mark H

// ’17 Nitrous Blue // Forged Alloys // Michelin Super Sports // Painted Calipers // Sync 3 // Lux Pack // Winter Pack // Black Gel Spoiler Badges // Blue Gel Wheel Inserts // GTechniq Liquid Crystal // GTechniq Alloy Armour // sold Jun ’18

adw
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve still never experienced this veering steering in this car and I overtake hard

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Mark H, did you prefer it to the RS?

zondas
    Participant

United Kingdom

My last Subaru wrx sti 2015 pearl white metallic Andy Forest re-map AEM inner wing induction with a full de-cat Hayward&Scott exhaust system 380 bhp 409 lb/ft Torque quick car not as aggressive as the Focus but just as fast nice in standard but lack a bit of go hence the re-map pity the engine hasn’t really changed since 2006/7 but everything else has.

o1turbo30v
    Participant

USA

Hey you don’t need us to convince you to get rid of your RS, life is to short, if you’re unhappy with it, get rid of it. A Subaru EJ engine isn’t where I would go but to each there own.

zondas
    Participant

United Kingdom

I dont intend to get rid of my Focus even though the situation ain’t the best with Ford at the moment i was only passing a comment on the original question asked?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

I don’t think there was a question at the start of this thread. There was a vague invitation to make comments about someone’s subjective driving experience with another car. It wasn’t clear at all.

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

In the original post

The question mark was clear.

There was no actual question.

There was  an invitation to give comments

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Last year I drove an Audi TT RS Roadster. Although the accelleration and the handling were impressive (7 gear automatic shift) the driving experience felt dull, disconnected and fake for CHF 120’000. I prefer the cheap, warm and rock’n’rolling thrill of my Rosie. It makes me feel alive 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Never experienced this Veering Steering so what’s all the excitement about.

PS. The WRX STi is now deleted from the UK for poor sales, it was that good 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

but you dont drive yours whiter2s !!  what was it? year old and under 800 miles or something? You will experience it one day ( when you are actually out driving!)  😎

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

lol BDA but true yes. But one stint was 4 hours and 250 miles of B roads

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

I drove the STi before the RS a few years back and was impressed. Defo needs a bit more power. Agree they should have updated the engine.

Naylor92
    Participant

UK - England

It’s a fucking Subaru for a start.

Sherbett
    Participant

UK - Wales

I have had ever uk incarnation of the sti except the last one and have to say I enjoyed ever minute of it .Back in the day they were ahead of the game with only one real rival the Evo. But Subaru  haven’t really moved on now for a good 14 years using pretty much the same crap 2.5 engine but great gearbox.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Drove a Subaru WRX STI today. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!