Facebook forum

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Facebook forum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

j4yse
    Participant

UK - England

Is the Mk3 Focus RS owner club on facebook the same club as this one? Ive just used facebook for the very first time just to keep upto date with this club, which I have found excellent. Within about ten minutes Ive had a guy called Darren Snow swearing at me for no reason at all. Is he in this club or just a random troll that is pretending to have an RS. Does anyone know him?

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

Never heard of him or the FB group.

Suggest a troll mate, that’s what they do.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I think hes got a bit upset about that Boerni bloke making up fake build numbers. I see you had your number confirmed? how have you confirmed it with Ford because plenty of folk have tried and all got the same reply from Ford ” sorry, no record of build number for particular cars built on the RS production line”  “we” all think that number bloke is just being a bit clever and taking a random guess taking into account the cars chassis number and build date. Then he ‘issues’ a number and keeps good records so that he does not issue a number twice.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

the-radman
    Participant

UK - England

if you cant prove otherwise then hes onto a winner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

As many on here will know I tried many times to get individual build numbers for the Mk3 RS Focus from Ford and was repeatedly informed that Ford did not allocate or apply any vehicle number to to Mk3 RS. All they released was the total built allocated to the uk. If anyone has acquired a build number for their RS, Ford will not verify it as being correct .

Honorary Member

j4yse
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah thanks for the replies. I think hes a troll too and why all the grim language! what a prat. Ive just retired from Ford and can tell you that build numbers do definitely exist and there is a record of them. We must keep them just in case of problems/recalls so we know what cars or or components fitted to them are affected. This build number will follow the chassis around the line but because of reinsertions (if a reject is found and the car is returned back to the appropriate part of the line for correction) the build numbers are not always in order. Ive had numbers for both my cars (Fiesta ST mk8 and RS) and they were both correct.

j4yse
    Participant

UK - England

As for the Boerni bloke although I don’t know for sure but I’m pretty sure he works in a Ford plant and gets the plaques done in the toolroom on a quiet weekend, he’s DEFINATELY onto a good thing! But as I said this is just what I think.

On the facebook page there was a different style plaque that I have never seen before and not from the Boerni bloke, maybe someone else is now jumping on the bandwagon.

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Interesting @y4yse and yes Mr Snow does sound like a tit…

So you said your numbers were correct, so how did you check them to confirm that… for all we know you could be Boerni in disguise drumming up business 🤣

I would love to know my number, my car was registered 19th May 2016

so the question we all want to know is how can we know 100% or is it a case of ‘ignorance is bliss’ ? 😁

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

j4yse
    Participant

UK - England

Al-b thanks for the reply. My car is also an early 2016 and the number I got is 808. Please rest assured I’m not boerni in disguise, if you’re going to RSCombe or FordFair give me a shout as Ill be there. Also I’m on the RS Combe 202x WhatsApp group just send me a txt 👍 . I live in Cardiff and worked in Swansea Axle and Transmission Plant and then Bridgend Engine Plant for 33 years. Ford use many systems including the PDS system that it is possible to extract information from. Most of the systems are used world wide and so can be accessed. Although I genuinely and honestly don’t know I can only assume boerni has access to them. Hope this helps and please give me a shout on the Combe group 👍

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

and surely if you work @Ford or have ‘a mate there’ surely you could find the build number instead of asking them to confirm Boernis made up one is correct !  seems a funny way of doing things to me.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, you might remember that I had a couple of contacts with in the Ford RS Team. Try as I might I could not get them to give me a build number for my RS, yes I had chassis number, month build code, order confirmation number, gate release  number and a lot more besides. If the information is available then why can’t Ford give us all our build numbers, it seems to me that if you get a build number and Ford can not verify it then it is meaningless to have.

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

exactly Bobbers !! its a nice little earner for that boney bloke

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas @bda🥳

Honorary Member

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

There are plenty of trolls and scammers on Fb groups

j4yse
    Participant

UK - England

Yes there’s no doubt it’s a good earner for him and dont forget he does other models too! @bda I wanted the plaque for my car and he gave me employee discount so it was a good deal. It’s not meaningless for me as I know mine is correct but obviously I cant verify anyone else’s. On a different note is anyone planning on doing RS combe this year? Also there seems to be an offer on Ford Fair tickets with a free car wash kit apparently worth £100 if the ticket is booked before a certain date.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Facebook forum. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!