For Sale – 2016 Stealth Grey RS – Mountune FPM375 – 7950 Miles – £28,500 OVNO

Home Forums Marketplace Cars For Sale (Mk3 Focus RS only) For Sale – 2016 Stealth Grey RS – Mountune FPM375 – 7950 Miles – £28,500 OVNO

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Montecol
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks all. I’m only 45 but the back issue is due to falling down a flight of stairs carrying my son when he was younger. After 2 ops it’s still not right.
    Re the handset. It definitely reads as FPM375 on the map. I checked that early on to make sure. The local Ford garage confirmed too as I asked them. God knows though as I’ve never done anything with it other than connecting it up out of curiosity.
    Fingers crossed though and thanks for the positive messages all.

Colin.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

God your a mere whipper snapper compared to some of us on here. Just a quick question about your car, is the crossover pipe with Mountune lettering shiny aluminium or fully black?

Coastliner

Montecol
    Participant

UK - England

Hi coastlines.

It’s all black on mine if I’m reading your question right. Does this tell a different story?

Montecol
    Participant

UK - England

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@Montecol

Yes that is the one supplied with the FPM375, I can only preclude that the mountune cobb handset has been purchased separately as it doesn’t come with the FPM kit. The FM375 and 380 kits come with the handset and the crossover pipe has the mountune wording in shinny aluminium. Also the badging you have Ford performance is correct to the FPM375 whereas the other kits have a custard yellow mountune badge.

Coastliner

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

That’s some good knowledge there Coastliner.

Can’t see you having any issues selling the Rs at that price and spec. Good luck with the sale👍

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo-tone

I only know this because Ford put the wrong tune on my car the FM375 and had to correct it, they handed me the box with all the stuff in, badges etc and handset, this is three years ago now and I still had 2 years of warranty left. They also showed the FPM375 on my invoice, so they basically F_____d up. So with help and information from others I now know much more. Why on earth they make two 375bhp tune’s I have no idea. I have the mountune crossover pipe supplied with the FM375 which is the same other than the mountune lettering being in exposed shinny aluminium. Long winded reply but that’s how I know.

Coastliner

Montecol
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Coastliner.

Definitely a wealth of knowledge there fella.  You had me wondering though and doubting my sanity with the map on the Cobb handset.  I’ve never done anything with it other than to plug it into the car and look at the gauges etc. just after I bought the car three years back.  So this morning I’ve connected it to USB and powered it up just to check.  I’ll drop a picture below but it definitely says that the last map transferred to the car is the C346RS FPM375 map.  No dates are there but I’m glad it is definitely what I’m advertising things as.

So, given that bit of information I’ve got another question.  Do you believe the Cobb handset has been bought separately (I think you’ve already answered that question) and if so, would it be locked to my car?  I suppose I’m asking this question wondering if the handset could be sold on its own and somebody get the FPM375 map as a result.  They’d have to get the crossover pipe, air filter and valve to compliment it but a curiosity for me all the same.

Thank you all so much for the positive responses.

Colin.

Montecol
    Participant

UK - England

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@Momtecol

Well when the Ford dealer loaded the correct map on my car they had to contact Mountune and get the software obviously a cost to them not me as it was their error. I had to hand the cobb handset back and the yellow mountune badges (2) of, and a silver chrome Ford performance badge was handed over. I have all the documentation and fitting certificate, so that is why I questioned your cobb handset because it should not have one unless its been purchased separately. As you are several owners down the line you are probably unable to complete the audit trail. I am the only owner/driver with invoice in my name so I can answer any questions and prove the audit trail which I suspect apart from your mileage being correct you are unable to fill the first three years of history in. I live in Doncaster and visit my mate in Brampton Chesterfield, so if you fancy a chat we could touch base at some point.

Coastliner

Steve Field
    Participant

UK - England

What are the few minor wear marks?

Montecol
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Steve.
    Sorry, just spotted your message. There’s a little mark on one wheel. Not kerb rash, that is definite, something has marked it right on the rim. There are also minimal marks on the bumper probably from stones or the like.  These again are minimal but I’ve kept the car honest. I haven’t tried in any way to cover them up instead I’ve just kept the car clean and polished to protect the paintwork.

I hope this helps.

Coastliner,

That would be good if you’re ever over this way and I’m around. Give a shout, it would be good to meet you.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

I suppose given the year its all within drivings ware and tare , unless it was a garage queen these slight mark are unfortunately the joys of owning a high performance car , mark on alloy could be stones chips . 👍👍

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to For Sale – 2016 Stealth Grey RS – Mountune FPM375 – 7950 Miles – £28,500 OVNO. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!