Forged engine

Home Forums Performance Engine Forged engine

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

What head work did you do?

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I sent my cylinder head to Devils to get it ported. But on the return delivery UPS lost the head between there depot at Newhaven and there depot near BirminghamšŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬.
    I then bought a new cylinder head from Devils which had been ported, larger valves and piper cams.
    Been one horror story to the next with my build but Iā€™m nearly there now.
    In hindsight if I was to do it all again, Iā€™d have gave it to the professionalā€™s at Devils to start with and I wouldnā€™t have over boosted the original finished build or lost the original cylinder head. Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Been a costly learning curve.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Brian C what warranty do devils give with a complete build?

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

No idea.. never even thought to ask that.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Im picking mine up from FJRS on wednesday. Il be taking it devils once ive run the engine in.

440bhp

443lbft

RutgerHauer
    Participant

UK - England

Out of interest what is the rebuild costs for Devils? Mine is still under ford warranty for another 2 year but from what I hear you would be lucky if they fix it properly if it goes bang.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

@nateodog

Which rods and pistons do you have in your setup ?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@Brian C

what size overbore on the stroked 2ltr as the size could be 2310cc upto using a +90 almost 2400cc

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the ā€œMā€ maps suck

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I went down the road of the Mountune parts NOT because their Mountune but they are Carrillo and Mahle.

If their good enough for Ferrari their good enough for a Focus.

Plus they have a slight mod to the factory Carrillo rods with an increased pin diameter from 22.5 to 23 which allows it to run a bit more power than the standard Carrillo rods from around 180 per cylinder to 200bhp per cylinder

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the ā€œMā€ maps suck

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by white-rs2.

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

To be honest I havenā€™t had the final bill from Devils as they still have the car and I donā€™t Ā even want to know how much Iā€™ve spent so far. Ive wasted a lot of money doing it myself to start with though.
    I would need to find out what size pistonā€™s Devils used. They mailed me at the start of the week to say they were now running it in and they had used a 2 litre bottom end for strength and peace of mind plus they said they fitted oversized pistons.
    Once I collect it Iā€™ll ask what they used in more detail and Iā€™ll be able to calculate the exact cost of the build.

Brian C
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I take it FJRS are much the same as Devil Developments? I hadnā€™t heard of them but had a look on the webpage and they seem a big outfit.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

FJRS took over the mountune workshop so I believe. Mines having the mountune forged option but like white rs2 says they are carrillo and mahle parts.

440bhp

443lbft

Pauly Paul
    Participant

I bet you wonā€™t get much change from Ā£3000/Ā£4000 maybe more šŸ˜žšŸ˜žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Devils are Ā£3900 , hendy performance Ā£3998 but I would have to get the deck brace , another Ā£300 I think

This is for the same rods and pistons mahle and bridgeway rods on both quotes

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I have decided to go with Hendy performance , cost a bit more but they always have given me good customer service get a courtesy car too.

All parts ordered šŸ˜Š

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Forged engine. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!