Getting pdc turned off

Home Forums Performance Handling Getting pdc turned off

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Cdurkan
    Participant

UK - England

can anyone recommend a dealer in Yorkshire to get the pdc turned off? I have asked my dealer in Leeds and they were useless and want to do investigations rather than just turn it off as requested?

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

Stoneacre York, no problem at all

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

paulmichael
    Participant

UK - England

As above. Stoneacre York did mine last year.

mbbx
    Participant

UK - England

Stoneacre york did mine, during my 2nd head gasket.

Is different on motorway, imo, but a must to take off.

lamberps
    Participant

UK - England

Alternatively if someone on here who has UCDS is local to you they may be able to turn it off for you – that’s how I turned mine off and saved me the ridiculous fee some dealers want to charge for something that takes 10 mins tops.

Perhaps someone at Ford Fair might be doing it for a nominal ‘charge’ as UCDS is quite expensive.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Just interested to learn from those who have turned pdc off, was it really worth it or just all a load of placebo?!

Robco
    Participant

UK - England

Had mine turned off and what a difference made the car less twitchy and now it feels like iam in control not the car.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Would agree, with it turned off much more predictable at speed  and slightly heavier at lower speeds. A car transformed, even the tech who turned it off, commented on the improvement.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Robco. Yes that twitchy feel/over correcting sometimes especially when pushing on was what I was alluding to.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@red-leader – Belated thanks red. Car in at dealers Monday to deactivate Engine Sound Enhancement therefore I’ll request they deactivate the PDC as well. Can always reverse it if not happy.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@tonys please give us an update after a couple of weeks with your feelings once the PDC is turned off.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve had mine turned off and it’s the best thing I’ve had done, drives totally different and doesn’t try to kill you under hard acceleration, I’ve just got the software myself and turned a mates off who’s running mountunes m520 and it’s actually made it drivable now, anyone who hasn’t done it, get it done asap!

rsnov
    Participant

UK - Wales

So by getting this turned off how will it affect the car on track/b roads/ drift mode etc

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

Does the UCDS cable do this too? We should keep an updated list of all of this cables capabilities. Seems like it can do quite a few things that a normal ELM type cable / Forscan can’t do.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

@ rsnov It shouldnt make any difference on track or other aspects of driving

@ masrs Yes its UCDS that i have and it does disable it, brilliant bit of kit but very dangerous in the wrong hands, if you dont know what you are doing or have the info how to use it……DONT  bother!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Getting pdc turned off. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!