Ghost or pandora lite pro

Home Forums Technology Security Ghost or pandora lite pro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Jay Love
    Participant

UK - England

picking up the car soon and wanting to put a decent alarm/immobiliser on it. Tried to have a look but honestly me heads scrambled with it. What’s everyone putting on there’s. I’ve purchased a couple of key bags and a steering disc lock but wanting something behind the scenes incase they do get in. Leaning towards the Pandora but just wondered what’s the general senses. Thanks.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Jay, Ghost for me 👍

Honorary Member

Jay Love
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat which version have you got? The ghost 2? Been reading on here a few people have had problems with them. Where as the Pandora has the ability to add on features afterwards. Such as tracking and remote start. Would it be wise to fit a ghost first so if they got into the car they wouldn’t be able to start it where as the Pandora uses a different band so it would be harder for them to gain entry in the first place and it’s also got the card so won’t start without it. I’m confused!!! Thanks for any input

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Another vote for AW Ghost 👍

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Jay, I had Ghost 1 System on mine. Absolutely no issues with it at all and the fact you can customise the code to suit yourself was a bonus. But you and only you know were you live and the places you go and if you feel safe choosing another system that’s up to you.

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Correct me if I am wrong but Pandora requires another remote which would deter me from that. I have Ghost1 butGhost2 has more features like enabling auto locking which ghost1 doesn’t. Not had a problem with mine fitted since November 2016.

Coastliner

Jay Love
    Participant

UK - England

Might get the ghost now as even if they get in the car they wont be able to start it. Which is a big plus. Thanks for the input guys. @coastliner yeah you have a separate fob that if it’s not within a 5-10 metre range it wont let the car continue to drive. Think it’s an anti car jacking device. But if the battery goes you’ve got 90 seconds to make a safe stop until the car cuts out.

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Ghost 1 does have auto lock coast, the only difference, according to AW themselves, is that 2 can have two phones paired to it, if you use the app. G1 only allows 1 x phone.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Coast, mine is Ghost 1 and I have autolock enabled. It’s just a sequence of buttons to set that to be permanently on.

NB FPM375

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

NB FPM375

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

NB FPM375

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

To activate menu, ign on, enter code, depress and hold Accel pedal, raise passenger window the desired amount of times according to above list. Indicators will flash the number of times to confirm. Remove foot from Accel and turn off ign.

NB FPM375

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner

mine is early ghost and has all features available (auto lock and auto mirrors).

early ghost had issues where some installers installed the unit onto the engine canbus, whereas the body canbus is preferred.

there’s also a software update for old ghost if you haven’t had it done already

Jay Love
    Participant

UK - England

Who do you guys use to install ghost then? I was going to phone Gary Howarth up from Rochdale and see what he thought as he did loads of work on st and he was really good if anyone’s used him on here before. Or is there someone closer as I live in Rotherham and it’s near enough a 3 and a bit hour round trip. Which I don’t mind to be fair. I’d go to lands end if that’s where best bloke was. This will probably be last car I ever buy so trying to look after it. Thanks.

Peewee12
    Participant

UK - England

Source Sounds in Chapeltown that’s who installed my Clifford alarm but I know they install the Ghost system too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ghost or pandora lite pro. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!