Head gasket?????

Home Forums General Newbie Head gasket?????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Paul Forson
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Is this the right HG? Since I got my rs a week ago I’ve set to finding out if it had had its HG sorted.  ford said ?‍♂️ So I set to finding out but no joy apart from a you tube video saying it should have a brass ring on the edge. Plus it looks like it’s leaking</p>
    HELP!!!!!!!! Please ?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@paul, Hi and welcome. Check on Ford Etis System, enter your reg/chassis number and have a read to see if it be done. If it has and it’s still leaking take it back and check out the repair warranty. Good luck

Honorary Member

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@paul early fix ones have been prone to leaks, if you can find out when it was done? it does look dry tho?

Paul Forson
    Participant

UK - England

? going to check it

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

To me it looks like it has a slight leak. Mine is clean and bone dry.

Coastliner

paulmichael
    Participant

UK - England

The brass ring indicates the correct gasket is currently fitted, leaking or not.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

looks fine, all car engines get an oily mist over the engine at some point in their life, its not dripping oil or water and if your coolant is at the same level when stone cold when re-checked maybe a week later, theres nothing to worry about. Just go and drive it and enjoy.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

johnny-carlec
    Participant

UK - England

Get a leak down test done to be sure just had mine done 2000 miles after the recall just to be sure mines all dry and clean in that area

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

It was pretty common to get oil leaks after the recall.
    As Ford changed the fitting procedure and added extra sealant in the head corners.
    So depending when yours was actually undertaken it may or may not require doing again.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Paul Forson
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the info everyone much appreciated. Is worth taking it to ford or will they just fob me off?

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Paul, if you have a oil leak after the fsa and your RS is in warranty, get it back to dealer to sort it out. The head on mine has been off twice now but no leaks when I checked last Saturday.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

Mine was the first done in my area and it required multiple visits to the dealer after the 6 month marker. It was at this point where they redid the full procedure with revised materials because there were multiple leaks that could not be fixed without another surgery.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

Paul Forson
    Participant

UK - England

gonna take it down tomorrow. ?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@paul, good luck, don’t forget to ask about the warranty too

Honorary Member

Paul Forson
    Participant

UK - England

Will do ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Head gasket?????. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!