Hello from the Isle of Wight.

Home Forums General Newbie Hello from the Isle of Wight.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

shayc87
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all,

I’ve been a car enthusiast as long as I can remember but have never gone down the ford route before. Generally I have stuck with Jap performance, evo’s impreza’s and currently have a FD2 Civic.

My partner and I are looking at selling both our cars and getting something a bit more modern in the new year. The Mk3 focus RS seems to fit the bill for us both. We will have a good budget and will be looking at a 2018 when the time comes.

As with all petrol heads we like to research our interests to the nth degree and I have already been looking into as much as I can.

If you can give me some vitals on purchasing a used Rs that would be great.

I look forward to keeping you updated and becoming part of the club.

Thanks very much.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@shay, hi and welcome, if and when you get the RS Mk3 you’ll not be disappointed it is truly an awesome machine. The guys on here have a wealth of knowledge and are really helpful. To buy one Blue is the most popular then White.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

The colours to choose from

Deep Orange 50

Race Red 300

Blue Edition 300

Stealth Grey 514

Shadow Black 667

Frozen White 910

Magnetic Grey 983

Nitrous Blue 4015

Bare in mind that most of these cars were customer specified when ordered, so there’ll be different versions of the same car.

Honorary Member

DarkHorse
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat

There are 500 Blue Editions.

shayc87
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the warm welcome. It’s more likely I will choose a care that is in the best condition, lowest miles etc over and above colour choice. However I would quite like a blue edition.

Can anyone explain the crack with the head gasket as well please?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

OOOPPPPS ??? SORRY typo error. Many thanks DarkHorse. Exuberance got the better of me. I’ll go and stand in the corner ?

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Early cars had the wrong head gasket fitted. This lead to coolant loss.

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome @Shay, I smile each time I get behind the wheel of my RS, I’m sure you’ll be pleased. Look for a one owner model that’s had the head gasket replaced. Any questions as and when you have them, please post and one of us will answer.

shayc87
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks red-leader, sound advice that. I’m looking forward to the car hunt. I’ve heard RSdirectBristol is a good place to start.

@bobcat
    , cheers for the link. I’ll have a read.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@shayc87

Hello and Welcome to the Club mate!!

The RS is an awesome Motor!! I absolutely love mine!! I’m out in it every day I’m at home, never had a car that I enjoy driving so much!! ??.

Have you driven one yet??

Happy hunting mate!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Shay, I live close to RS Direct and can say they have very nice cars but are a tad pricey. It pays to look around to get a good deal, they’re not in short supply at the moment.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Welcome ? Love mine its all about the weekend blasts!! I went for the real rare NB colour as my wife wouldn’t allow me to have the black…? It is a mint colour tho… never looks the same, depending on light…. ?

shayc87
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Brembo 🙂 , no sadly I haven’t ill ask my friend at work a bit closer to the time.
    <p style=”padding-left: 40px;”>I did think that Paul. My friend at work has a nice mk3 and that’s where he got his.  Ill have a good look. I’d rather buy privately i think. Ill be looking for one in warranty anyhow.</p>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hello from the Isle of Wight.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!