Hi From Me

Home Forums General Newbie Hi From Me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Mozza81
    Participant

UK - England

Hi there,

I’m currently in the marker for an RS and have narrowed the search down to 2,

Standard one in black or the one currently for sale which was tuned to stage 2 with suspension mods by Litchfield, not sure which one to go for yet but need to decide this week.

Will be my daily driver circa 15K miles a year.

I have been reading the forum over the last few weeks

Thanks

Mozza

MY17 Black Focus RS – Litchfield Stage 2 with KW Suspension Setup

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Hello and welcome Morris.

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry, Adam!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome Adam ?

Honorary Member

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Adam. ?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Adam, reading your intro I kind of took it that maybe you were looking for an opinion but as no one has come back with one I guess you are not! All I’d say is that I personally would go for a std one all day long and see how you get on with that for 300 miles a week rather than a car that has been modified (in my eyes mucked about with) to someone elses preferences ! Good luck.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

warehou
    Participant

Australia

Go the black

!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

nooooo go frozenwhite !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Adam Morris

Hello mate!!

You seem to have quite a predicament my friend!! The reason I say this is because the Mk3 Focus RS is an AWESOME car!! You’ll not get anything close to it for less than £70,000 in my opinion pal!!

So what’s the price of the 2 you are looking at and mileage etc.??

Then you have the PROGRESSION of the Mk3 RS which I have personally enjoyed more than anything!! I bought my car brand new and LOVED IT from day one!! I spent months getting to know it, understanding all its characteristics and loving EVERY SINGLE MILE I drove!!

So fast forward 18 months and I am currently LOVING MY RS more than ever. Reason being, I have modified it EXACTLY how I felt it should be. My honest opinion is that you need to get an RS and just drive it, (standard), own it, feel it,  you’ll love it mate!! Then when you modify it, (if YOU think it needs changed in anyway to suit your driving style) go for it pal!!

What is your car history, what are you looking for etc. And what would the cost be to get the standard RS up to the level of the modified RS that your also looking at?? AND…. Is the modified RS modified how YOU would like it?? It’s a BIG QUESTION………. WHY???? Because it’s a VERY PERSONAL CAR!!

Let me know your thoughts please pal??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

warehou
    Participant

Australia

@71-bda

The Blue is good too I have to admit..but all a bit toey in the wet…

RSUkraine
    Participant

Ukraine

Go the black.

Funny pics

Mozza81
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers guys!

l’m coming from a stage 4.25 gtr hence why I have considered the modified car.

I was initially looking at the blue then I thought maybe too in your face for a daily, the Black is also rare in comparison.

standard car is 14k, 2016 with most of the options and I have a deal for 24k which is a good price!

litchfield car is 26,995 but they said 26.5 minimum with service before it goes.

both had recalls, full service history and in overall great condition, obviously litchfield car has been driven harder.

To be honest after the gtr, even the litchfield car at 410/410 felt very tame after the gtr but drove nice with the suspension mods and lovely torque spread.

I think if I brought the standard one, I would simply get it mapped by litchfield or one of the custom ford people then leave it at that.

Overall thinks the rs fits the bill  as running costs are lower than  gtr and at the right price, these cars shouldn’t depreciate too much but also give me the daily smile on the commute with the option of an odd track day or trip to the ring.

i need to make a decision in the next day or so……

Thanks

MY17 Black Focus RS – Litchfield Stage 2 with KW Suspension Setup

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

The Litchfield car will work out cheaper, as you will spend more than the difference modding the standard car.   How many miles has the Litchfield car done and comes with what warranty?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I think if the Litchfield is 410 on all std internals then its not going to work out cheaper because in my mind its going to give trouble or go pop earlier especially as a 300 mile a week daily driver.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

rs-kel
    Participant

UK - England

I think coming from any GTR modified or standard its going not to feel as brutal –

But get it down a tight B roads and give it some beans – You would not noticed the difference – in fact you may feel the RS is better :-0

Obviously is the straight line speed that you will miss.

Whats the suspension mods is it Kw3’s with using the OEM damper settings??

and out of most of the remaps – Litchfields are one of the best

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hi From Me. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!