Hunter alignment at kwik fit

Home Forums Performance Handling Hunter alignment at kwik fit

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Steve Pugh
    Participant

UK - England

That’s exactly what happened to mine and still the same. My car handled perfect but I got some winter tyres put on and got the alignment done and it’s been terrible.

Steve Pugh
    Participant

UK - England

<!–more–>That’s exactly what happened to mine and still the same. My car handled perfect but I got some winter tyres put on and got the alignment done and it’s been terrible.

18stealth
    Participant

UK - England

So it is the boots that put the icing on the cake then?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Steve, I would take it back and have the alignment redone……… just a thought

Honorary Member

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Got this done today and a garage that uses hoffman one.

Got anti roll bars fitted so asked for a full geometry set up.

Few bits are reading different to my first post compared to hunter alignment I got done at Kwik-fit fit. It certainly feels about different.  Steering wheel is still a bit offset to the left which was the way before it went in 🤦🏽‍♂️

My thinking is that the numbers on each side should be the same?? like the camber should be the same number like how the toe is the same,  this right ?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Do you get much “veering steering” ?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

A bit yes.. I was turning and went over a jump and it pulled quite harshly as well. Back before I had some issues 3 months ago I didn’t have any.

I drive to work now and the roads are terrible.  Had everything checked day 2 garages and said everything is fine and suggested wheel alignment even though Kwik-fit said it was fine.  Got it done today because I has the anti-roll bars fitted.

Quite annoyed the steering wheel is still off to the left a bit. When you’re stationery it looks straight but when you drive it’s to the left a bit.

I think they might have put on the hardest settings on the roll bars. It does pogo a bit more

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Anyone else use Kwik-fit to check alignment?

Went today and seems the price for doing the rear has changed. £60 for front as normal but to do the rear as well they said £266..

Used to be like £120 ish for front and rear.  Just the fronts please.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Had mine done on the Hunter a couple of weeks ago. Pretty much as good as it gets and handles great with the new tyres.

Don’t get me started on Kwik- Fit, I had the unfortunate experience of working for them briefly and know how they operate. Take your RS back and get the steering wheel centered F.O.C.

I got F+R alignment done for £50 at an independent but had worked there for 6 years before I retired.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Aye the steering wheel feels slight off to the left..  Last couple of years I’ve used them all those readings were green but now some a red and they say they can’t adjust them.. I’ll need to get it done at one if the other garages I used, it’s just a pain because they only work Monday to Friday which means I need to take time off work.  Sometimes don’t even get a time slot just have to leave the car with them.. And they’re not close about half an hour drive.

lc96
    Participant

UK - England

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by lc96.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Hunter alignment at kwik fit. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!