Mk3 focus rs engine problem

Home Forums General Newbie Mk3 focus rs engine problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Kevindunne21RS
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues other than the head gasket on the new mk3 focus rs?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Some have blown pistons, but generally it’s pretty sound, unless you have a scare story for us all

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Kevindunne21RS
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Well I bought my 66 plate mk3 last November and unfortunately it broke down a month of owning it. There was rattling noise coming from the timing chain casing. So at this point I had a friend who is a mechanic listen to it and he told me it was this.. and advised not to drive the car and get it seen to by ford as it’s still under warranty. I have now had the car in several Ford garages. One who drove it, that caused the car to comeback with the engine management light on and the rattling noise was worse and the car misfiring and not to mention the obvious recall issue.  However ford are saying they won’t fix this as it isn’t a defect of the car. Just reaching out to see if any one else has had similar issues.

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

Strange first post or is it me being a tad cynical??? Chain rattle engine management light and a misfire!

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

The engine isn’t a defect of the car?????? clown ??

Kevindunne21RS
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’ve never had issues with my mk2 RS. Couldn’t find anywhere with any other info. Came across this forum to see if anyone could help.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Hmm. Strange post.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Got any videos of the noise you could share Kevin? What Ford garage did you take it to?

Kevindunne21RS
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I have no videos of the noise, but at the time it was small rattle and after giving it to evanshalshaw ford Cumbernauld road in Glasgow it came out with the engine management light on permanent and the car was shaking like a box of biscuits. I was advised not to drive the car from a friend so every ford garage it visited it was recovered to it. I told evanshalshaw this but when I got it back they told me they road tested the car after me telling them I was advised not to drive it!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No way would a Ford dealer give you the car back with the management light on and running as bad as you say. You say it ‘broke down’ did it actually break down or did you just notice the noise and stop? Is the real issue that they have looked at your car and seen it heavily modified and have said its not covered under warranty and thats why you have been ‘punting’ it round various dealers? You say you bought in in November 2017 and it broke down ‘in a month of owning it’ so I guess you had these problems around December 2017, its now nearly November 2018… this has not been going on for ten months surely?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Kevindunne21RS
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Well unfortunately for me evanshalshaw did give me my car back with the engine light on. The car didn’t break down but there was a light rattling noise coming from the bottom end of the car so I had a friend to have a look at this he suspected it was the timing chain and advised me not to drive it. It was booked in for a service to my friend to use genuine ford service parts but didn’t want to touch it incase it voided the warranty which is understandable. The car would have been a year old in January 2018 and in December it reached 12500 miles and as it says in there service book which ever comes first. So this car had mechinal issues before a had a chance to service it. And this car isn’t modified in any way shape or form. It’s completely standard. And yes this case has been going on for the past ten months! And finally another evanshalshaw ford in eastkilbride took the car on stripped it and said the oil was lumpy. Then again it did sit for ten months never turned over. Ford said they took into concerderation that they understood why it wasn’t serviced but still didn’t fix this issue. I messaged Andy Barrett himself and I got a reply the next day! He got on the case and I got a call from his head office that day! I built my hopes up thinking this is going to get sorted but now I’m back to square one. I could honestly write out a description of what happened since December up until now. I have the mk2 focus rs and owned that for the passed 5 years and its never let me down. So I don’t get how a car of this age could do this.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Did you buy the car from a dealership or private sale. The reason I ask is because if it was a dealership then after a months ownership you would have had warranty cover for the said “ brake down” If it was a private sale, yes that’s different. Is it modified? Does seem strange that no Ford dealership will help.

Honorary Member

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Ok prove Ford wrong and just drive it until it expires and then you say “I told you so” not the best solution but you tried and they wouldn’t listen.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Kevin your reply can as I was typing my question ?

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

how can the car be a year old in January 2018 if you bought it in November 2016? There is no way it would sit in a Ford garage for ten months in bits. Something wrong here.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mk3 focus rs engine problem. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!