Mk3 focus rs engine problem

Home Forums General Newbie Mk3 focus rs engine problem

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

You say……“I messaged Andy Barrett himself and I got a reply the next day! He got on the case and I got a call from his head office that day!”

you did incredibly well to message him and get a response by the next day, in my experience it usually takes a couple of messages and a reminder to get a response. I don’t understand why you have not got your car sorted! Ten months??

Honorary Member

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@kevindunne21RS

You say you’ve posted on other Forum/s and run out of steam their so you thought you’d try here.

Could you post the link/s to the other Forum/s you have posted this issue on as it’ll save a lot of time going over what’s been said before ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Kevindunne21RS
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yea I did buy the car from a second hand dealer that sells proformance cars but even at that it’s still got a manufacturers warranty on it. Hence why I took it to ford cause if he fixed this it would void its warranty again. This is pretty much what happened it. I bought it in November 2017 and this chain rattle started in December 2017 and a mechanic advised me not to drive it which I didn’t do from that point the car got recovered everywhere. So I started phoning various ford dealerships and at the start they said it would need to be a RS dealership that can only look at this model of vehicle but none could point me in the right direction of this. So may 2018 came and evanshalshaw said they can take it in as they sell these cars so I got it recovered there and I told there ford technician I was advised not to drive it. At this point the engine light wasn’t on. So after two days of them having my car they argued that the car was due a service in January but evanshalshaw failed to listen to me that the car broke down in December and I tried various ford garages to look at this but all turned me away because of what it was. Example ford Arnold Clark, mechargs ford and people’s ford and some evanshalshaw ford but all failed to point me to a garage who would take it on. So it went into evanshalshaw and they repeatedly argued about the servicing but not listening to me so I had to go get it back. As I arrived and started it the car was in bits shaking like a box of biscuits and I was told they road tested my car after me telling them I was told not to drive it! A ford technician should know better. Especially when a car is getting recovered to them! So I started to phone the motor ombudsman, trading standards and my finance company to help me with this. My finance company shut the case down and said ford should be fixing this issue and it had nothing to do with them. To this day I still have trading standards chasing my finance company up. Don’t know what’s happening with the motor ombudsman but Rome wasn’t built in a day they say.. so from May to September the car sat for months doing nothing while I was waiting on reply’s from the finance company etc and I finally booked it in again to arnold Clark ford who said they can take it on so I had the car recovered to them and when it arrived there they said they couldn’t touch that type of vehicle again Directed me to arnold Clark ford paisley in Glasgow. The car again recovered there and they said they couldn’t touch it either! So back to square one again and £150 down for recovery’s! So I went into a ford evanshalshaw dealership in Kirkintilloch and they told me they couldn’t touch the car either but ford evanshalshaw in Coatbridge Glasgow can and I arranged a booking with them and got it recovered to them and again back to square one they said they can’t touch this car even after every garage who said they could put my car reg into there computer system and they read back to me what make and model of car it was so I don’t get how they couldn’t tell me this over the phone rather than seeing my car land in there forecourt and then turning it down? So they told me a ford evanshalshaw in eastkilbride can have a look at it and they recovered it there for me since I spent hundreds of pounds in recovery’s. So at this point Steven the service manager from evanshalshaw ford in eastkilbride asked me about the service history etc and I explained the situation to him he fully understood me and was in shock about these other garages turning me down and then informed me that any ford dealership can look at my car. At this point I emailed Andy Barrett and he did get back to me and I got a call from his head office who got the car looked at and they came back and said they took into consideration why the car hadn’t been serviced but aren’t covering it with warranty because the oil is lumpy? Forgetting the car hasn’t been turned over or ran since december! So im again back to square one with a £1700 ford bill which I’ve told them I’ve not got. I was also told even if the car was serviced it still isn’t a manafacturers defect? So what chance have I actually got? I’m honestly devastated by all this. Been told for a brand new engine it’s £10,000! Which again isnt money I’ve got! Shouldn’t be paying nothing like that for a car that at the time was 10 month old. Dont even know what to do anymore.

Kevindunne21RS
    Participant

UK - Scotland

1. Sorry the car would have been a year old in January 2017 sorry I might have miss typed that. And @bobcat I was shocked to wake up in the morning a email from Andy himself! And he got right on the case immediately! Which is fair play to a man who’s very busy! And the car hasn’t sat in a ford garage for ten months it’s been back and forward from my front door to various ford garages.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

a 66 plate car cannot be a year old in January 2017. 66 plate is September 2016 to March 2017.  When exactly was it FIRST registered?  To stay in warranty, the car has to be serviced to Ford standards every 12500 miles or 12 months whatever comes first. If your car is a Sept 2016 66 plate, it wont be under warranty if you first get it serviced like January 2018 after a gap of  15 or 16 months. And oil does not go lumpy in 10 months. You could leave a focus RS untouched for 5 years and the oil would look the same at year 1 as it would at year 5. Sounds very fishy and as if someone has been using oil additive or put the wrong oil in it. You did say you took it to your’mate’ to service…

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Kevindunne21RS
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda yes the car is a 66 plate which is September but the car was registered January 2017 then I purchased the car in November 2017 so the car will be a year old in January 2018 and if you look back at what I’ve said previously my friend who’s a mechanic was going to service it but didn’t touch it incase it voided it’s warranty. Well this is fords outcome and said my oil in it is lumpy at the bottom. Never mentioned it being the wrong oil etc regardless how does a car make its own oil go lumpy on 12500 miles? A didn’t even get a chance to service it, it was basically broke before I could service it and why would I service a broken engine? Makes no sense

Kevindunne21RS
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Happy Friday ford head office and giving me an engine! A could cry with joy! Covering everything! Happy Friday man!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

??

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

People seemed a bit sceptical / suspicious of your story, nothing to do with you or your story. But a lot of single / first posts have been negative fake news. Hence people’s mistrust of a negative first post.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Kevindunne21RS
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@white-rs2 I fully understand where your coming from. But I’m a ford enthusiast through and through and now own two focus RS’s. Last night I emailed Andy Barrett and again his office got back to me and said they will give me an engine out of good will! I’m over the moon with this! But I hope you’s can understand I was only on here for a bit of ford advice etc not to criticise this page. Just needed ford customers advice. But thanks and I apologise if anyone got offended by what I posted but it was for help and nothing else. But hey am over the moon now I can get my pride and joy back! And a big thanks to Andy Barrett and his team for solving this. I know they are very busy people and have loads to do and I’m now grateful! Could honestly cry with joy!

chris-neil
    Participant

Australia

My head hurts

Ford for life but I also own a Maserati

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

Result ?

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

Kevindunne21RS
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Finally got her back? it took about 3 month lol but over the moon that it’s back with a whole new engine! 

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the update kevin? Enjoy and happy new year

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@kevinsunne21rs

Happy for you mate!! That’s been a bloody long process. You must be chuffed to have it back!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mk3 focus rs engine problem. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!