Mountune back axle exhaust – 'Yes' or 'No'?

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Mountune back axle exhaust – 'Yes' or 'No'?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

Morning All,

Am fortunate as the Mountune Mothership is not far from me, however so is temptation and such temptation always  lingers in the background –  just waiting to swallow my wallet…………..

Popped into Moutune last week to catch up with Fred who has looked after both my previous cars (but not my wallet) to an exceptional standard. I don’t know how it happened, but now have a return visit booked for the 375 upgrade, SCC (as this is to be declassified this week as now being ‘warranty’ friendly) and their axle back exhaust. Oh and probably their charge pipe upgrade, as I am led to believe this will be their next product to be marked ‘warranty friendly’ fairly soon.

Returning to my original question – I had Mountune’s full exhaust system upgrade on my MR300. It rumbled a bit more than standard at idle, but lacked any real character when on the move or when pressing on. It was soulless.

So how will I get on with their axle back? I live in a quite Cul de Sac – so in fairness need to be a little considerate to my neighbour’s at 5am. (I would have to drive off straight away as I do now). I believe I read somewhere that if I don’t exceed 2,000 rpm it does not really sound any different to the standard car? Extra snap, crackles and pops are not a priority, but something that sounds more fruity, has character and soul is.

So is it for me?

Thanks

thepmp
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Jon,

I popped into Mountune last week as they opened and they fired up their white demo car from stone cold. It was noticeably louder but I think that’s running the 380 kit with some extras along with the exhaust?

will be interesting to see how you get on. Hopefully planning an Essex meet in the not too distant future so keep an eye out!

Phil

2016 | Frozen White | All Options (no sunroof)

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi Phil,

Whilst at Mountune last week did ask Fred if could listen to ‘their’ car. Unfortunately it was on the ramp being worked on, so I missed out – hence my E mail 🙂

Regards

jmartin
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Jonathan

I have the 380 tune together with the charge pipe upgrade kit and the axle back exhaust from Mountune.

It is a does have a bit more rumble at idle but shouldn’t disturb the neighbours much more.

It really pops and crackles a lot more than the standard exhaust when in sports mode. You can also turn this off if you want to via the handset with the 380 tune. Not sure if you can do this with the 375. Assume you can but would recommend checking with Fred.

Hope that helps.

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks Jeremy,

I did discuss this with Fred. Apparently the reason why Ford do not ‘warrant’ m380 is because of the handset – and there is no handset option with the 375 upgrade.

Whilst m380/diff/exhaust/charge pipe/cooler upgrades float my boat, I paid for the extra 3 yrs warranty – so 375 it is.

Regards

PocketRockets
    Participant

United Kingdom

Jonathon,

If your nearby the HQ one day next week, chat with Rebecca at Mountune to either hear the demo car or I can take you out in my M380!

P.S. The exhaust is epic, especially with the M380 Calibration modes.

Feel free to contact myself via Facebook , type in PocketRockets to find me ?

All the best!

Chris

PocketRockets

Mk3 Ford Focus RS M380

Follow me at:

www.facebook.com/pocketrocketsuk

www.instagram.com/pocketrocketsuk

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks Chris,

I will speak with Rebecca in first instance 🙂

Regards

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

Now that I have the back axle on order, my neighbours on one side of me have hinted to both my partner and me – that my car is quite noisy!

Doh!

I always start the car and gently drive off straight away, just caressing the throttle – thus being as considerate as I can.

So now looks like when the Mountune upgrade arrives my popularity may increase, but not for the best of reasons………..

Festive Regards

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Just don’t tell them it’s a new exhaust and just let them deal with it. Different if you were letting it warm up and ragging it up and down the road but being sensible not much you can do.

PocketRockets
    Participant

United Kingdom

https://instagram.com/p/BMKcev5BNiI/

It’s pretty loud on a Cold Start so be prepared ?

Mk3 Ford Focus RS M380

Follow me at:

www.facebook.com/pocketrocketsuk

www.instagram.com/pocketrocketsuk

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

Thanks for video clip.

I love it!

They won’t!

Perhaps they will come out in their dressing gowns at 5am and push my car up the road before I start it………..?

Festive Regards

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

That does sound quite a bit louder Chris – in a good way tho 🙂

phoebee25
    Participant

UK - England

Tried to buy one today, but the exhaust is out of stock at mountune at the moment, so I have to wait a few weeks!

Anything must be better than the stock item, so not to upset the warranty, the Axel Back will be the way to go, the reviews have been good enought to convince me it will be a good investment.

Anyway, anybody know if its a easy or hard job to fit yourself? any cutting needed ?

it looks straight forward enough.

Ukjon
    Participant

United Kingdom

Been e mailing Mountune this week as ordered their exhaust during last months 12 day sale.

Has now come into stock, so will hopefully be fitted next week by them, along with the 375 upgrade.

My neighbour’s best make the most of this quiet downtime………….. 🙂

Regards

phoebee25
    Participant

UK - England

keep us posted, at least i’ll know when its in stock,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mountune back axle exhaust – 'Yes' or 'No'?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!