Mud flap fitment

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling Mud flap fitment

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

Hey Folks,

I fitted a set of mud flaps recently (thanks to Kenny for the quick despatch) and I’m very pleased with them. However, the rear flaps are rubbing against the inside edge of the wheels. I’m fairly sure I haven’t fit them correctly, although with needing to get the car back on a lift it will be a while before I can rectify this. Does anyone have a photo of the rear brackets and fitting of the flap? Or any advice?

Unsure if it makes a difference, but I have rallyflapz 4mm PVC.

I’ll also put some pics below to show what I mean.

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

Plus a booty shot for good luck 😉

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@stripe

On first looking at that first image, it looks like the mud flap is fitted to a green planter, then I look again and its the immense shine giving a reflection.

Coastliner

Norbert
    Participant

UK - England

Here you are, when fitted correctly they can’t rub !! The markings O/S and N/S are the wring way round as I found when I fitted another set last month

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

I bought more rivets and speed clips for my rally armour ones from vehicleclips.co.uk and put larger stainless screws in to bring them closer

if you buy hinge cover caps you don’t see the screws and it’s easier to clean as well ? I bought mine from forgefix.co.uk there’s two sizes buy the biggest

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Thankfully mine follower the contour of the wheel arch quite tightly and as you know you can’t beat tight flaps

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@Norbert picture is bang on! Your mud-flaps  are not level at the back and there’s an angle to the bracket so I would guess you’ve got the brackets from left to right mixed up, the change in angle of the correct bracket would make the flaps level at the back ?

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

@Norbert and @Tall Paul thanks so much for those photos and explanations. I will arrange to get the car back on a lift and see what I can do armed with that information. I’ll also pick up a few of those cover caps.

@coastliner
    and people say cars aren’t good for the environment – I drag a flower pot around with me! I took the photo just after washing the car and used a gloss enhancer so that would be why. Made me chuckle!

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

I spent years with a right plant pot in the passenger seat

thankfully divorced ?

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

For the price you pay for mud flap kit the brackets should be better quality and come pre-bent not some flimsy crap that are laser cut where you fold them weakening the bracket(come flat for packaging easier) sod that make proper brackets and put them in a box.

when they fall off they will stay off.

Former RS Edition owner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mud flap fitment. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!