New 2017 RS

Home Forums General Newbie New 2017 RS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Bogie Jeff
    Participant

USA

I  traded my 2013 ST for a 2017 RS. I drool every time I drive the RS

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Best get the protective seat covers then. Enjoy 🙂

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

I did the same bogie . I’m falling out of love with mine though.

It’s not as much fun as my Focus ST was and I’m sure not so fast from 3rd onwards as I’d had mine remapped. I say 3rd as 1st and 2nd were next to useless especially in the wet.

I think I might get a Fiesta ST next, those things are rapid!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome bogie.

Honorary Member

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Irelmo I too came from a mapped ST and like you felt at times the RS felt a bit flat from say 4k-6k, had the FPM375 kit fitted Saturday and this has changed things, the car pulls like a train now in 3rd-6th gear

Worthwhile investment and warranty friendly too

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

why people keep comparing their old ‘mapped’ car with a std RS is beyond me ! get the RS mapped if you want to be fair eh? Its like saying “my old girlfriend who had chest implants had bigger ti&$ than my current natural girlfriend” !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ Boogie jeff.. lets see some pics then !! ( of the car, not the drooling, ideally!!)

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Only because it’s a benchmark mike surely, If you spend 35k on a new RS and have read all of the hype before buying and then feel a tad disappointed with certain areas of the performance surely you are going to mention it, especially if other members on the forum feel the same way…innit

Plus I wouldn’t pick a new bird that had smaller t*ts than my previous one ;o)

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Dom, I think its only fair to use a std unmodded car as a benchmark against another std unmodded car really, I may as well say ”  I got in my std MK3 RS and was disappointed as my old tuned Cosworth turbo Fiesta drag car only had 330bhp and it would blow the doors off this!!” I don’t think anyone would be disappointed with the RS if they had come from a std ST, that’s the point I think. Don’t forget, you can always get some even bigger implants for your new bird though, with 4wd, shes sure to handle them better than fwd !! ( I’d prefer handling them too, INNIT )

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

stmart
    Participant

UK - England

Why are some so F###ing contentious on here.

1. Stmart

nigesax
    Participant

UK - England

I have a standard ’14 ST Focus and also felt the same. I think part of it is because the FWD is more aggressive and moves around with some torque steer but the RS is so planted. Waiting for FPM375 and Charge Pipe so looking forward to that based on comments above.

2017 Nitrous Blue, MSD420. Mountune Forged, V3 and sports Cat, Cast Inlet, Secondary Intake, Radiator, Oil Cooler, Quaife, Springs, Braided Lines, grooved/lightweight discs.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

because we can !! in the meantime I’m going to compare my 2017 Rs to my mates modded 480bhp impreza.. of course I’m expecting mine to be faster though as it cost me 34 grand and his is a cheap old banger, I’d be disappointed if it isnt..

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Nah wont be faster than the Impreza mike your RS only has 340bhp and is about 300kg heavier innit , you need a remap mate lol

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Bogie, where about’s are you in the USA ? There are several on here from the States now.

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ha ha yes I know Dom, I was being facetious or whatever the word is !! Its about 400 kilos heavier when I’m in it innit so may need more than the 375 has to offer, maybe a Dreamscience jobby !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New 2017 RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!