New Member Central Scotland

Home Forums General Newbie New Member Central Scotland

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

mudslinger
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi everyone  just bought an Focus RS today and really buzzing  about picking it up on Friday

Really liking this Forum lots of good info , i’ve spent the last week reading all about my new car

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi Mudslinger,

Nice to see more Scottish lads on here too. Plenty of good stuff come out the Forum but sometimes have to look through some of the negativity over car also. Where you picking car up from ?. but more importantly i’m 3 weeks and 500mls into ownership and it’s a great machine so enjoy it.

mudslinger
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi Stuart ,

Just bought it yesterday from Peoples in Edinburgh ,cant wait to get it tomorrow , car has 1300 miles on it  original owner moved abroad after having it on order for a year , first registered on the 21st Oct . So he only drove for  2 mths  ,it has all the extras bar the sunroof , originally wanted to buy the white 1 but it looks so much better iMO in the blue especially when you see them side by side .

1 thing im worried about is this torque steer / pulling at 80mph issue  , ive been reading through that post 40+ pages and its left me confused ?

Is there anything you know about i should get checked at the dealers before i drive off ?

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Stevie will keep you right , if that who you are dealing with, got mine there also. I have looked at the steering issue on the forum myself but not getting too het up about it  as how often to you hit 80+mph I suppose depends where you are and type of road avail also . Think my overtaking at that speed would be a gradual  pull out rather than a sharp pull out pass bringing said issue into play but will leave others to squabble over that.

Ask for the speaker software upgrade to be done, mine’s needs it forgot to do it on pick up day. Sound quality from rear is poor but the previous owner may have had it done, ask Stevie about it he got his done .

I would imagine most other issues in your case may have been looked previously , my main bug bare is the petrol flap , sits out from body a little  but as you see on page others are talking about it to, won’t spoil my enjoyment of car.

As others have said the joy of forums tends to be a lot of positive/negative comments on certain issues, you then have to decide what your opinion is, but on here lot of good info and the group buys/discount are great plus get to meet/chat to like minded individuals.

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi Mudslinger

a couple of updates to be done one already mentioned. the other is a engine management update

get used to it for a few miles then give it a blast you will have a smile on your face all day long

torque steer i have never really had any problems with that but i did get a mountune diff fitted thinks that helps a bit

have fun take care 🙂

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

i live across near glasgow

mudslinger
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yeah it was Stevie  that sold me the car , No.1 focus rs salesman in Europe

I live in Bo’ness  ,been a Renault man all my days ,although i have a few mates that are big Ford fans  , i have finally made the jump , this is my first ownership of a Ford

I have got an efi ‘d  renault 5 gt turbo with ITB’s that ive had since i was 17 , currently in bits needing some bodywork done .

my daily driver was a  Renault Clio 182 Trophy had it from new 12yrs   and just sold it last week .

Im looking forward to getting to know my new focus and getting the Ford RS bug

mudslinger
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi TuBsRs ,

what does the mountune diff offer over standard ? did you specify this at time of order or have you upgraded since you bought the car ?

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

yeah had a few upgrades since i got it back in june

the stuff you need to know about the diff is on the mountune website change the intercooler and the air filter and the charge pipe to 🙂

djc1969
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Welcome! Good to see more showing up in the Central belt.

Enjoy the car ?

mudslinger
    Participant

UK - Scotland

i think mine will remain standard , im not getting caught with the modding bug on a £30k+ car  , if anything breaks then ill replace it with the best available .

The diff does sound good though  , do you do the upgrades yourself ?  or who do you trust to work on your car

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

mountune parts are covered by ford in other words the car keeps its warranty

did it myself lol  harrison of peebles did all the work they are a mountune pro dealer very good and know there stuff 🙂

mudslinger
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Still think the prices of some of these upgrades / mods is just silly ,  I’m not being funny , but £275 for a cpl of silicone hoses and an air filter is taking the piss

Muz1990
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Welcome along mate! I’m from Falkirk so not far from you at all, be nice to see some one the road haven’t seen any in the wild yet and itching to get mine in March! hope you love it.

oh, and I’ve also ordered mine from stevie, seems to know more about them than anyone else I’ve met lol

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Many moons ago visited Bo-ness for Peugeot Ecosse when I had my 306xsi. Not sure if they are still there now though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Member Central Scotland. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!