New Top Gear

Home Forums General Non RS Chat New Top Gear

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Thoughts of the new Top Gear series that started tonight?

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

I won’t be watching it next week

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Something to watch at least, looking forward to seeing the new  ford GT in it

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Wasn’t great but will still watch it as its car related. I just think they try to make it funny and ends up forced rather than natural.

rsgav
    Participant

UK - England

Not warming to that Chris realy. But same as you Kenny will watch it because its car related.

crunchie
    Participant

UK - England

Wasn’t all that impressed. ( I never watched the first series because of Chris Evans. ) Recorded it but ended up fast forwarding most of it.  Sorry but you cannot beat Clarkson, May & Hammond.  The Telegraph & Guardian did not warm to it very much with their online reviews.  50/50 if I watch it next week.

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

I was very disappointed.

Even Matt was stilted.

It was all forced  ?

Must be the scriptwriters.

Next week I’ll record it and playback on mute and a lot of fast forward.

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

I watched the first 10 minutes, then switched it off. I think the bbc have made a massive mistake in keeping the show going after the Clackson, Hammond and May era.

It will never be what it once was with the publics expectations so high.

What they should of done was completely revamp and change the name of the show then maybe it might have had a chance of being a bigger success, due to the public not making a direct comparison to the old format.

These are just my opinions of course.

rstonbridge
    Participant

UK - England

I found it tolerable compared to Chris Evans hosting it and also thought that “the star in a reasonably fast car” is potentially a very interesting segment.

Need to give it time I think for Chris Harris to adjust from purely a motoring journalist to co-presenting an entertainment show.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

its just a very cheap copy of the original, a bit like having a fake rolex! Its all been said and done before  and better. Id rather see a serious car show that maybe features proper cars and proper road tests and evaluations/road tests rather than just drifting round a track etc. bring back the proper knobs…..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

in fact… ” New top gear” ?……..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Poor imitation, not impressed. Please Mr BBC bring back the three Amigos

Honorary Member

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Hmmm not great again.

djc1969
    Participant

UK - Scotland

“English car show” according to Harris tonight….

Pretty garbage, but that Alpha looks immense ?

crdean0
    Participant

UK - England

The BBC have lost their way, social media has taken their control of the masses and to think they can force a true freindship is just plain stupid.

The problem is connecting up the Americanism in an attempt to prep people into accepting America ready for trade agreement, hence the whole allowing of Brexit.

The biggest mistake they’ve made is trying to fake friendship, we already like the car’s.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New Top Gear. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!