Now I have to get a trackeršŸ¤£

Home Forums Technology Security Now I have to get a trackeršŸ¤£

• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by lc96.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Archangel, I think it ultimately depends on your frame of mind. If you are happy to not add any extra security and you can sleep at night, then that’s fine.

Others can’t sleep unless it’s garaged, ghosted, tracked, disclocked, Faraday pouched, OBD protected etc.

The choice is yours.

My view on it is you basically have to make it more difficult to steal my car than someone else’s (I know that’s harsh). If yours is parked next to mine and mine has a disclock, I bet they’ll go for yours first?

I think they’ll take the car if they are desperate enough but every extra bit of security you put on makes them think just that little more before they attempt it.

A buddy of mine just had his truck broken into via key cloning. He has this all on his Ring camera. You see them get in within 2 seconds but after 2 mins of faffing about they just leave. He had the ghost fitted a week prior. He says it was the best Ā£400 he’s spent.

NB FPM375

lc96
    Participant

UK - England

For 2022-23 I was with Markerstudy via Adrian Flux, at renewal this year (August) AF advised that Markerstudy had withdrawn and weren’t offering a multi-car policy, but there was an option to go with AXA, but only under two separate policies (no multi-car option available via AXA apparently). Tried Chris Knott, Brentacre, & Greenlight all wouldn’t quote (because I require an Agreed Value policy for both vehicles).

Ended up with AXA, but they require a tracker for the RS (otherwise no theft cover will be provided). Combined, both policies now cost Ā£1641.20 (inc. Agreed Value(s), Excess Protect, Protected NCB & Flex Drive covering me fully comp to drive any other vehicle I don’t own). Last year’s premium was Ā£1899.99.

The tracker needs to be professionally installed, with a paid subscription & install certificate. I already have a Disklok, Berlin pedal lock, an S7 tracker & CCTV but now looking at a ScorpianTrack S5 Plus (with remote immobilisation) @ Ā£479 (inc. fitting) with a sliding scale of subscriptions ranging from Ā£189 for 1 year, up to Ā£619 for duration of ownership.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Now I have to get a trackeršŸ¤£. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!