Pads and discs

Home Forums Performance Brakes Pads and discs

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@Elliot

And I can remember even having discs skimmed on a lathe. This is the result of British Steel almost non-existent now, the steel manufactured in the UK was far better, and although they still rusted not instantly as they do today even straight after a wash they are already rusting, My GR Yaris is even worse than the Focus.

@AndyR1900

I have a spare pair of OEM front discs you can have them for £60 got them on offer from Rates Ford. Only problem is postage they are quite heavy.

Coastliner

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Well I bedded in these discs and pads and worked them very hard on a trackday yesterday. I know they are “cheapies” but they were faultless and still look like new.  The coating in the middle hasn’t changed at all.
    yes the car deserves better.
    especially if you’re posing.
    but I get through two sets a year so can’t afford the replacement costs of the designer, or fashionable stuff. Nothing lasts forever!

AndyR1900
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@coastliner

Thanks for your offer if I were closer to you I’d have bitten your hand off, but I agree that posting would be a nightmare due to the weight

P T
    Participant

UK - England

Bedded in before the track session Kr1s?

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

P T no it seemed like a waste.
    it was a damp slippery track and only a few cars out in the morning. I did lots of corners without braking to give the discs chance to cool.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Pads and discs. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!