Press fleet car for sale

Home Forums Performance General Press fleet car for sale

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

https://performance28.com/car/8a42149c8ee244fe018eeff09cb94ea6/

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

my first thought was ” that must have been launched 100s of times and thrashed to bits, then I think, actually in years to come, thats the sort of unusual history that makes a car valuable. not expensive I reckon

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I would want to see the Ford documented information on this vehicle, if it was used as a fleet car first 🙂

Honorary Member

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Agree and agree 👍🏻

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Was going to ask, then saw the letter of provenance, I’d buy, great piece of history. Who cares how it was driven, it’s mechanical fixes.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Trouble is, what defines this car is the wrap , which has a limited life.
    if it was worth keeping, a main stealer would have it , as that is where most of the Heritage ones went.
    it’s a NO from me.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

thats a bit of history for the future. if you had that piece of paper from Ford with any old Ford like a MK1 Mexico or RS2000 etc etc it would only add value and desirability.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

it’s certainly a one off and would get people talking at shows… the blue and orange is not a bad combo… with that mileage as well I would prob go for it if had the cash. As said a piece of history and with the all important proof!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

It also might get some copy cat trying to cash in 🙁

Honorary Member

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Buy it, store it, drive it to shows, wait 20 years…. Cash in.

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Spend £30k on a tango wrapped NB because it was done to look like the Heritage Edition?! What?! April fools 😂

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

But Tony, its “ONE OF ONE” and that makes it collectable all day long ! If I was in the market for a used RS and was budgetting up to £30000, I would buy that with no hesitation. 5000+ blue ones sold in Uk, or a Ford wrapped blue one in a test colour?  Its the wrapped one for me hands down. Bargain. imagine going to a big car show and there were a few orange ones that folk are asking £60000+ for !! and there were 50 of those. I would have the ONLY ONE wrapped by Ford with a letter ! no brainer.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

As BDA says………    The fact that Ford sold it off is a little surprising and left the wrap on. For them then have the foresight to put that letter with it is “priceless”.  (As long as it’s not a fake!)

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

I suppose if you let your blue oval heart rule your head it would be a no brainer however it’s not something I would buy. Wraps can hide a multitude of sins and that’s in addition to the potential damage to the paintwork which can be caused by the removal process if it doesn’t come away clean. As for it being an investment well, I can think of much easier ways to invest £30k for 20yrs and get a decent return. Even at just  5%/yr for 20yrs would return you around £80k(£50k profit) Would you get that for the sale of the tango wrapped RS? 🤔

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Press fleet car for sale. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!