RS gets a companion

Home Forums General Non RS Chat RS gets a companion

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

There’s one left! being made in September and delivered to U.K. to vospers Exeter in October if you want one I couldn’t find any others they’re all sold as far as I can work out, was surprised to find it

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Would love to but really need 5 door thus looking at normal ST, had a 3 door 1 series and with little one it’s a pain.. it was main reason for not joining the YGR fan club

only thing that is putting me off is I worry I might prefer it over the RS tbh. Even in 1.0 guise (revo mapped) you can feel how great the fiesta chassis is and being lighter and smaller it’s just great fun, you really have made a wise purchase:)

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I considered one, as I had for the orange edition which was 600 cars, but seeing as they have come up for sale and value won’t hold like an RS ( See ST200 and Orange ED prices) I talked myself out it,  bought a GRY instead to accompany my RS.    Should Ford do the right thing and make Fiesta RS I’ll possibly trade it for one.  Current values looks like I could even make a few quid on it.

Enjoy, they will make a great pair.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

That looks very nice. Any plans to mod it?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve heard nothing but good reports on those new STs. My brother bought the ST line and the build quality is so much better than the older Mk7. I considered the orange edition for a while but not big enough for a daily for a family of four.

NB FPM375

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@Tall Paul: Good choice.

I have the luck that my wife owns one in red and I had the chance to drive it last week on Alpine roads in Ticino. What are the pros and cons in my opinion:

+ Quaife LSD: Superb steering around tight corners!
    + Power delivery
    + Effortless pedals and steering input
    + Comfy ride on long trips (1000 km) even with three passengers and full boot
    + B&O sound
    + Sync 3

-missing rake adjustment of driver’s seat
    -position of gear shift knob too low
    -annoying glare on glossy dashboard edge

Drive safe and take care 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@ Turbo-tone prob just intakes, remap and flaps

ghost and tracker 👍

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@frenk it’s a performance it’s lower and has coil overs and fancy wheels your ride quality is probably going to be better

I may get dazzled by the fake carbon fibre on the dash it’s a risk I’m willing to take!

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@Tall Paul: The risk of dazzle depends on seating position. My seat was at its lowest with me being only 170 cm. The bright glare was just below the upper arch of the steering wheel. Your nickname suggests you are a tall man. Your angle of view might be steeper so that the glare is masked by the steering wheel arch. Just watch your head from bumping into the sun roof with the harder ride 😆

Anyway, have fun 👍😊

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@frenk yes mate I’m built like a giraffe, no problem with banging my head on the sunroof it doesn’t have one!

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

@Tall_Paul , is this you?:

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Ive seen mountune have got a 260 package for these. Reckon it would be a riot with that kind of power.

440bhp

443lbft

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Love that! Such great little cars

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@nicklulu nailed it! Went to buy a sports bike once and my legs wouldn’t fit behind the fairings!

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

😁🤣

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to RS gets a companion. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!