Rust Dust on Alloys

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling Rust Dust on Alloys

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

daddy999
    Participant

UK - England

We all know the brown tinge we get on the forged black alloys. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Especially when you’ve spent ages cleaning them, drive around, then park up to see the disc rust deposits all over the good work.

Anyone have a solution to preventing this? Would it need a change of disc to solve this annoyance?

It spoils the look of a freshly detailed car.

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

You need to use this stuff after cleaning the car, it’s brilliant and will stop the discs rusting up.

https://www.bilthamber.com/corrosion-protection-and-rust-treatments/atom-mac

Mix up some solution and keep it in a trigger spray, incorporating it into your cleaning routine.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

I’ll second BH AM.

You only need a 5% solution so the small bottle lasts forever. With a wheels off clean I spray all over the suspension and drive shafts etc too.

Just a few squirts before washing and during drying.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

How did I not know about this product! Looking now to see where has this in stock at a reasonable price 

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

Atom Mac every time!

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Bilt Hamber Atom-Mac

Tip: Also grab a litre of angel wax revelation – a decent fallout remover and very cheap.

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Best option

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Interested in this as I often clean my car more than I use it 😂

End up with orangey brake dust when I do use it on a nice day. As mentioned above it looks so noticeable when the rest of the car is sparkling!

So what’s the craic then spray it on then normal wash and dry or do you spray some on at the end?

Cheers Neil

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Will be taking the wheels off for a deep clean this time home as I bought some genuine RS wheel centres to go on.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

@NEILRS2K, Spray liberally, just 3 squirts before wash and before dry works best. Sometimes you can get away with 1 application.

daddy999
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks guys. It’s such an annoying problem. The disc above, how much were they and where from please?

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

EBC Discs with Yellowstuff pads, cuts down on rust and brake dust.  Got fed up of cleaning the forged alloys every time I got out of the car !!!!!  Atom – Mac is very good and does work for a while.  If your car is used a lot or is kept garaged it will be a good option to keep the rusty discs at bay.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@daddy999 i can recommend them, went for hook type… Yellow stuff pads are a huge improvement over OEM… Do wish i went for a floating big set tho 😕

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Ordered from Opie Oils ebay outlet. Will post up some pictures of todays clean (where the rust looks sh!t) and hopefully of a clean in the week when they will look much better

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@GM. Can you post up a link to where you had those discs and pads from? Not much meat left on my pads so will replace at some point in the near future👍

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Rust Dust on Alloys. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!