So, as a result of the lockdown, what ticks you off!

Home Forums General Non RS Chat So, as a result of the lockdown, what ticks you off!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Warning: Content may offend.

boomboom
    Participant

UK - England

@ DaveRS3 , awesome and true pissed myself laughing ?? as it’s not rocket science.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

hes going to be dead soon, you can tell !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Reminds me of…

NB FPM375

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Yeah, I had to duck and dive watchin’ that.

Watch some of his others.

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

Very true and well delivered

Edition, FPM 375

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Vic for President

Particularly like his re-opening strategy.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

The News grrrrr

A little girl was leaning into a lion’s cage. Suddenly, the lion grabs her by the collar of her jacket and tries to pull her inside to slaughter her, all under the eyes of her screaming parents.

A biker jumps off his Harley, runs to the cage and hits the lion square on the nose with a powerful punch. Whimpering from the pain, the lion jumps back, letting go of the girl, and the biker brings the girl to her terrified parents, who thank him endlessly.

A BBC reporter, Laura Kuenssberg, has watched the whole event.

Laura, addressing the Harley rider says, “Sir, this was the most gallant and bravest thing I’ve seen a man do in my whole life.”

The Harley rider replies, “Why, it was nothing, really. The lion was behind bars. I just saw this little kid in danger, and acted as I felt right.”

Miss Kuenssberg “Well, I’ll make sure this won’t go unnoticed. I’m a BBC journalist, you know, and tomorrow’s news will run this story. So, what do you do for a living, and what political affiliation do you have?”

The biker replies “I’m a British Army veteran, a Conservative and I voted for Brexit”. The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker turns on BBC News to see if it indeed brings news of his actions.

BBC Headline: RIGHT WING UK VETERAN ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT & STEALS HIS LUNCH.

And THAT pretty much sums up the BBC’s approach to the news these days.

Honorary Member

v8marshal
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat Bloody brilliant that.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

superb Bob. What winds me up on a daily basis is that we have countless scum floating across the channel from France and all we do is send out a welcome party to pick them up and bring them back here where they are “processed” ( which means fake names are taken, they are fed and watered, given some pocket money and then released onto our streets and told to report to a police station every two weeks). obviously they are never seen again. I thought prittstick patel was going to put a stop to all that?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Well said that man. It’s the very reason why I’ve avoided having payment holidays coz I knew they wouldnt do the obvious thing and stick these in the end.

How red was he going though, even unzipped his jacket to let the steam out ?.

With stu though, his dash will need a wipe down after that haha

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

social distancing in pubs soon…. want some?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Social distancing taking the piss……. ha ha ha

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

HaHa,

I’d need a “Fluffer” to pee that far.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Reflection, I really must stop thinking and get the RS out????

Maybe we don’t have it that bad?

It’s a mess out there now. Hard to discern between what’s a real threat and what is just simple panic and hysteria. For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900.

On your 14th birthday, World War I starts, and ends on your 18th birthday. 22 million people perish in that war. Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and ruins until your 20th birthday. 50 million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 million.

On your 29th birthday, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, the World GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy.

When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet. And don’t try to catch your breath. On your 41st birthday, the United States is fully pulled into WWII. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war.

Smallpox was epidemic until you were in your 40’s, as it killed 300 million people during your lifetime.

At 50, the Korean War starts. 5 million perish. From your birth, until you were 55, you dealt with the fear of polio epidemics each summer. You experience friends and family contracting polio and being paralyzed and/or dying.

At 55 the Vietnam War begins and doesn’t end for 20 years. 4 million people perish in that conflict. During the Cold War, you lived each day with the fear of nuclear annihilation. On your 62nd birthday you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War. Life on our planet, as we know it, almost ended. When you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends.
    Think of everyone on the planet born in 1900. How did they endure all of that? When you were a kid in 1985 and didn’t think your 85 year old grandparent understood how hard school was. And how mean that kid in your class was. Yet they survived through everything listed above. Perspective is an amazing art. Refined and enlightening as time goes on. Let’s try and keep things in perspective. Your parents and/or grandparents were called to endure all of the above – you are called to stay home and sit on your  couch.

Or get out enjoy your RS ???

Honorary Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to So, as a result of the lockdown, what ticks you off!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!