So stealth he didn’t see it!

Home Forums General Members’ Cars So stealth he didn’t see it!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

wow, I would think you would need the whole side to be done then, you’d probably get away with colour change at bonnet edge and tailgate edge as they are on different planes so catch the light differently anyway. If they blend halfway down the front wing and half way down the back door i think you will notice the colour change , especially under orange street lights or a petrol station forecourt at night . It looks like they have got the mix well off.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

sebbcb
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda I keep looking at the photos they sent me and I am not happy. I will not be accepting the car in the state it is, blending is not an option I am willing to accept as it is a completely different colour to the rest of the car.

Not sure what options I will be presented with but I am guessing its either demanding someone from Ford comes out to colour match it perfectly, respray the whole car or insurance will write it off and alomg with gap insurance I’ll get a new car. Doesn’t look like I’ll be getting it back next week ??‍♂️

This is not an automated message.

nigesax
    Participant

UK - England

Hey Sebb, gutted for you. I’m no expert but as you say shouldn’t Ford be able to get either an exact or very close match?

Good luck, let us know how you get on ?

2017 Nitrous Blue, MSD420. Mountune Forged, V3 and sports Cat, Cast Inlet, Secondary Intake, Radiator, Oil Cooler, Quaife, Springs, Braided Lines, grooved/lightweight discs.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Not looking good sebb, I wouldn’t accept it like that either ?

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@Sebbcb

Evening mate!! What’s going on with paint!! Shit man!! That’s nowhere near. Your going to have to stand your ground with this one. That’s your pride n joy there that you’ve bought with your own hard earned cash. I think it’s worth getting in touch with Ford, if you haven’t already, and tell them the craic!! Surely they can help or advise the Bodyshop or supply paint or something??

Has anyone else on the Forum had a Stealth Grey repaired?? Where did they get it done??

I feel for you mate!! Hassle that you don’t need, especially this time of year!! Keep your chin up pal, I’m sure it’ll turn out fine in the end!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Sebb, is the car in a ‘proper’ paintshop that is insurance co/manufacturer approved? to BSi PAS 125 ? that colour match is shocking on the door and no self respecting painter would normally even put the paint on the car if the match was that bad in the first place! I think I’d be saying “get it spot on or I’m taking the car to someone with good eyesight that can mix paint!”

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

warehou
    Participant

Australia

@Sebb

That is no match..they should source a new painted door from Ford at that standard

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

@Sebb

That paint match is quite frankly crap! I would contact Ford immediately if I were you.

Mdc
    Participant

UK - England

I couldn’t and wouldn’t except that it’s really is very poor.Needs some expert ford input to get it right.Hope you get it sorted.

Mountune 375 FMP mountune v3 M Flaps Forged wheels painted calipers Gel inserts Door protectors clim air Sony upgrade shells ? immobiliser 5yr Ford warranty BIG FAT FORGED IN THE BOOT.HG recall sorted no drama.

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

That’s a very poor match. I would request a Motor Engineer comes out from the insurance company and inspects your vehicle. What ever you do leave it at the body shop until the matter is resolved.

sebbcb
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for everyones input and support, has been a huge help ✌️

Update

The body repair shop is one that my insurance company (esure) have recommended and there was no other choice in companies that they approve.

Called up the repair shop this morning and said I will not be accepting the car back with this colour, blend or not it’s completely different. I asked if they could contact ford to get an exact paint match to which they said they will contact their paint works place and get them over. The chap said he will contact me as soon as the paint peeps have matched up a sample.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Sebb,

Is that a new door completely or a door skin?

Coastliner

sebbcb
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner Its a new door been sprayed with a dodgy stealth grey ??‍♂️

rslucky
    Participant

UK - England

Yup, that will need the entire side I would think.  Just had mine keyed by some scumbag on both passenger side front and rear doors and my bodyshop have said it will need the entire side painting , or it will stick out like a sore thumb. They do know how fussy I am though. Feel your pain dude..

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Sebb

Its not like the Nitrous blue the stealth grey must have been used on hundreds of ST’s that have been painted so its not an unusual  colour or one that has not been  subjected to a repair before. The people like chips away that do smart repairs have something called a spectrometer and mix paint to match there and then.

Coastliner

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to So stealth he didn’t see it!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!