That Aerial has gotta go

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling That Aerial has gotta go

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

vaultboydan
    Participant

UK - England

@Richard Gadd – good point.

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

I can report that the aerial works fine, no issue’s ?

vaultboydan
    Participant

UK - England

Can’t post photos at the moment for some reason, just fitted MG shark fin from paintmodz – colour is an exact match and reception is perfect 🙂

G4DDS
    Participant

UK - England

Follow the link from first post on page 2 if you want to see a NB fitted shark fin.

vaultboydan
    Participant

UK - England

Excuse the filthy car!

indyrs
    Participant

United Kingdom

@Richard Gadd and @vaultboydan, thanks for the pictures and details. I am also looking to replace the OEM aerial, it makes the car look like an early 2000’s vehicle with the bee-sting style aerial (my opinion only) and the shark fin should modernise the look.

I don’t know if the GPS antenna is also part of the same aerial, just hope none of the reception/tuning/outside temperature is affected (I don’t know enough about the wiring or setup – so please correct); from your feedback I guess not.

I am just debating which one to go for:
    1. USA Ford Focus MK3 Shark Fin Aerial –> looks a bit slender but wider design.
    2. Ford Focus MK3 Shark Fin Aerial –> A bit taller but thinner

Finally, are there any group buys or discounts via the forum before purchasing?

N.B. I am also liking the coloured washer jets too, would stop car product/weather damage on the OEM ones, turning them from black to gray over time…

tallandlong
    Participant

UK - England

I agree my wife BMW had a shark tail antenna and looked much better.  Got my FW shark tail from  paintmodz7 from facebook.   DAB signal was better too.  Message him on facebook for your colour match.

paul144
    Participant

UK - England

A few bits and pieces added

paul144
    Participant

UK - England

American shark fin aerial

paul144
    Participant

UK - England

indyrs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Cheers for the input guys!

Paul, thank you for the pics that american style one looks quite sleek, I am liking the low profile stance of it and suits the car also – any issues with DAB/Radio/GPS? Do you have a side profile shot of the car by any chance?

I’ll message paintmodz to get one in MG – should give the RS the look I am hoping for and I might possibly opt for the painted washers too!

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to That Aerial has gotta go. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!