Thinking about getting an rs

Home Forums General Newbie Thinking about getting an rs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Toots
    Participant

UK - England

Hi  am new to this site l have been thinking about getting an rs for a while but some of the problems  l have been reading is putting me off . is this car really  that bad ?? l used to have  a focus st great car now drive i30n great car. just had a recall on it for a new ecu high pressure fuel pump problem running fine now and Hyundai  dealership  was v good about it all   but the car is little short on power that one of the reasons lam looking at an rs

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Get a Focus RS every time, till you drive an RS you will not know how good they are. There is no comparison with the Hyundai.

Honorary Member

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Best hot hatch I have ever had. No issues.

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

No choice rs all they way mate

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

Go test drive one then put your order in great car nearly 2 years now fault free ??

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

It’s easy to be put off reading about the negatives of the car, but all I would say is take one out for a drive, you’ll not be disappointed.

I knew within 5mins that this was the car for me. I jumped out of an Audi S5 V8 and took the RS out, it blew me away. Made the Audi feel very numb and slow in comparison.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Lamborghinis burn, Ferraris explode their clutches, VAG etc.

Ford simple installed the head gasket of the Mustang on the Focus for 2 years. Lastly a small percentage of cars have a wandering front end if they encounter the perfect storm situation, A small percentage.

All are / will be WARRANTY fixes, so no real worries.

An Absolutely awesome drivers car

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Go for the RS, test drive one and your see what we all love about it. Had mine over a year and smile every single time I drive it. It’s not perfect but nothing in life is.

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Don’t think about it, do it!

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Best ford  ever, had several over the years. Yes there are some issues but will be sorted out eventually. No problems with mine at present, had recall letter regarding the head gasket failed the pressure test but all parts on back order, plus loan car for the two days. Looking to get fixed in the next week or two.?

Fully forged running M400x

Red Brian
    Participant

UK - England

Had a 2015 civic type r until 3 weeks ago and now have a RS red edition,I find myself just wanting to go out for a drive in it,get one you will not be disappointed ?

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Miles for smiles everywhere you go pal

Fully forged running M400x

robin-c
    Participant

UK - England

Second all those comments, not the fastest hatch around but certainly the most fun by some margin. I am loving mine as a daily steer ?.

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Cant Stop Thinking About It Buy It

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one Kenny ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Thinking about getting an rs. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!