time for I.D papers ?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat time for I.D papers ?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

john-tukan
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve read the comments posted here and was going to leave it at that. But, some of the comments reminded me of my time 50 odd years ago when I was 16 years old and one of my first ports of calls was in Aden. During the following years 1963 up to 1967 I visited Steamer Point in Aden many times as it was the port of call before and after Suez. During one of those visits myself and an oppo got ourselves in a bit of bother with some of the locals and we were poo pooing ourselves when we saw grenades on show. Around the corner arrived an army jeep that piled us in the back, “dealt with” the locals and then took us back to our ship. They weren’t too impressed with the navy, as we arrived, caused trouble usually drinking too much, then sailed away leaving them to clear up our mess! After that, in my eyes the army could do no wrong!

If there is nothing on the TV, watch this BBC video clip showing the actions of “Mad Mitch” and how he dealt with certain situations. You need to watch the whole hour to get a sense of how it was and to draw your own conclusions. At the time I had no issues with what went on but must admit that watching it now does make me feel a little uncomfortable. Remember this was 50 years ago and only 20 odd years after the 2nd Word War so things were different. Or were they????

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

How unusual for the Blatantly Biased Corporation ( BBC) to bring down anything British ! I guess some folk nowadays support that joker Corbyn and wish to drag the whole country down too. BBC will report a stabbing by a black man as ”  a man was stabbed in London by a 16 year old youth” (who would have no doubt been interviewed and later released on bail free to flee the country)  if a white man commits a crime its always reported as ” Barry Smith , a white man dropped litter today and was fined £200″

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to time for I.D papers ?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!