Welsh Newbie

Home Forums General Newbie Welsh Newbie

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

James, FPM375 is by Mountune, in association with Ford and warranty friendly. So it’s all about where you are/what you want in regards to warranty.

Edition, FPM 375

JAMA93
    Participant

UK - Wales

My car has not long come out of warranty being a 66 plate car. Do you notice much difference between the stock car and the FPM375 kit? as it doesn’t seem like it would be much of a difference for the price of the kit

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

I had the same dilemma James. It’s an expensive upgrade for 25hp. There are others tuners who will give you more for less £££. Even if you are out of warranty though that reassurance of the fact ford was supportive of the upgrade is something to consider.

Like you, I waited for a while ‘as stock’ before I considered it and I think this is the way to go as you are more tuned in to any differences.

The ‘can you feel the difference’ issue has been discussed a lot. For me there is certainly more mid range punch and you definitely  get more turbo / dump sound. I’ve only done a couple of launches but I really felt the difference then.

I waited till Ford Fair and got it at something like £850ish I think (significantly cheaper anyway) and fitted at Mountune HQ.

I don’t regret it.

NB FPM375

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

Yes James, you can feel a difference, the car is just that bit more alive.

Edition, FPM 375

JAMA93
    Participant

UK - Wales

I have been looking to get the Mountune induction kit to start off but the kit is out of stock so i have been looking at the hoses, air filters, etc separately but i wasn’t sure how much i should really be paying for it all. Would anyone be able to give me a ball park figure is should be working towards just so i know im not over paying for the parts please

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by JAMA93.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@James check hendy performance, I’ve purchased some direct and some from Hendy ? Click here

JAMA93
    Participant

UK - Wales

@GM thanks for that i’m gonna get the induction kit ordered this week hopefully

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@james i have a Mtune filter, hose bend and a few other things that i will be putting up for sale soon… its just the drop in filter tho, not the whole kit..

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Welsh Newbie. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!