Wheel & Brake Clean

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Wheel & Brake Clean

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Adamrs270
    Participant

UK - England

I had to do the same to the screw heads on the mud flaps really would have thought they would have come painted they reall stood out once I fitted the flaps

Mk1 focus Rs

mk3 focus RS sold but not forgotten

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Bda, what do you clean wheels with (I mean brushes etc)?

And have you applied any sealants?

I rate BH auto wheel highly but stopped using it due to cost. It’s not a particularly expensive wheel cleaner but I found I was losing about £6 per wash using it. I now use  Auto smart Red 7 which is much cheaper and I’ve tried using just the car shampoo on it’s own but found it was leaving too much contamination in the barrels and rear of spokes (I do have the standard wheels which are a right pain to keep clean).

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

DaveRS3 – I hope you don’t mind me chipping in mate, I also rate the BH Auto Wheel, I don’t use it every wash though, just depends on the contamination really, needed a good do after a recent track day though.

I use hog hair brushes for the wheel stud recesses and valve cap areas, and Wheel Woolies on the wheel inners, periodically, (dependant on the level of contamination), I remove the wheels, give them a good soak in Auto Wheel and then follow up with a quick claying.

I’ve just recently started using Poorboys Wheel Wax, really happy with this stuff, easy to apply, and helps the crud lifts much easier.

I have the forged wheels, I can appreciate the standard wheels will be tougher to get in at, but hopefully there finish is more durable than that of the forged ones.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

DaveRS3.  I applied Chemical Guys Jet seal matte when they were new, and again about every 12 months. To wash them I just hose them to wet them, then use a real soft old jumbo sponge ( thats never had any grit etc in) and gently sort of dab away the dirt without rubbing. I then use a set of three of those wheel woolie things to do the backside/barrels and calipers etc,then rinse off and gently dab dry with a 3m Synthetic chamois. I dont use any type of  chemical wheel cleaner or stuff.  Chemical guys extra suds car shampoo and thats it.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Wheels off again this year, same again a good clean in the wheel bays and the alloys properly cleaned.  Got hold of a Brembo Calliper Servicing Kit off E-Bay for £40 (USA Imported) so fitted new pins, spring and bridge bolt which is a great improvement on what came off.  calipers cleaned and sealed with Fynlab so ready for another years weather.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Well done Stuart good job,I’ve done mine also but not put in a much commitment as you just a bit of elbow grease 

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Paul, she still looks showroom good though.  With my RS at 18000 miles and with three Shetland winters outside, its pays to keep the muck and rust at bay.

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Cheers m8 I think we’ll worth the effort , but like people say 20 mile run and covered in that bloody brown brake dust 👍👍

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Yep, first tried the Bilthamber Atom-Mac, then changed to EBC discs and Yellowstuff pads but still get that nice dusting of rust on the alloys.  Just one of the many pleasures of owning the RS, would not change a thing!!!!!

Pauly Paul
    Participant

👍🤣👍🤣👍

RutgerHauer
    Participant

UK - England

Have to agree with you there @white-rs2, how much do you charge @stuartditchburn ???

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Wheel & Brake Clean. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!