Another Lockdown Coming

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Another Lockdown Coming

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@DaveRS3, agree with the above, my personal opinion is let’s not have another lockdown. The country’s economy cannot afford it our grandchildren and their children will be paying for the current situation for years. At the moment we cannot get to see the doctor, telephone call only,  get to the dentist, you can go if you pay privately (I don’t know anyone else’s situation) all because of Covid 19 reasons. Everyone’s life is different, excepted, but our lives have been really upturned. Yes I’m quite prepared to take as much precautions as deemed necessary but please let’s get back to normality.

I am sure I’ll get a lot of grief for my views 😾

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I don’t see why you should get grief, this is how it is at present, can’t see much changing into 2021. I have said it before, foreign travel at present is a no no, things can change so fast and the last thing I want is to be in a foreign country should restrictions be imposed.

Coastliner

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat totally agree with your thoughts. It’s the young people who will be paying the bill for Covid-19

The dentist is a real pain no fillings but if the tooth continues to give a problem we’ll take it out.

Another difficulty is trying to get a flu vaccination, the latest locally is November if your lucky.

Local Ford dealer is not doing loan cars for anyone, either sit and wait or get a taxi home. 😷

I just want to get back to normal safely, like you. 👍

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

I think “normal” could be a long way off, and I suspect it’ll look a bit different in the future.

Wont just be the next two generations paying for it, they’ll be doing another raid on our pensions as well. I read somewhere it has cost each household about £2k so far, and that was before the latest package was announced.

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Keep safe keep well especially those who have been put into lockdown

Honorary Member

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Hear ,hear keep safe all 🙏🏻🙏🏻👍👍

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

It all rests and depends on if and when a vaccine is released, the signs are there will be one soon maybe Christmas/New year. But getting it rolled out to the vulnerable and health workers will be the priority. And then to the next most vulnerable and then everyone else. That could take us till next summer or even Autumn. So 2021 could also be a wash out. lets hope I am painting the darkest picture and its not as bad.

Coastliner

Pauly Paul
    Participant

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if politicians had not opened up lockdown when they did , maybe we wouldn’t be in this bloody mess now. Economy before people’s well being . Bloody bureaucracy makes my blood boil. Sorry for the rant ,keep safe all 🙏🏻🙏🏻👍👍

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

We didn’t need hindsight as we already had it a long time ago. Back in the 1st week of June the data coming from Italy and Spain was showing that only very sick people where dying. Others say this data was showing by the middle of May. At this point the strategy should have changed to protecting the vulnerable and aim for herd immunity which is what they did in both Sweden and Japan. Sweden and Japan now have virtually 0 deaths.

The news in MSM this week that there is no herd immunity is complete nonsense given the 2 countries who did change their strategy have 0 deaths whilst the rest of the world are seeing horrendous spikes, the severity of which is determined by how hard they locked down. Look at Spains deaths which are now out of control yet they locked down very hard with severe punishment for non conformists. Those countries that where more relaxed are seeing lower death rates and the 2 countries that didn’t lock down at all have next to 0 deaths currently.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Well would you know it, a lockdown until December. Hope you all keep safe and well, look out for your family 👍

Honorary Member

jh1
    Participant

UK - England

My google’s broken it says –

Sweden’s death rate per capita is several times higher than its Nordic neighbours
    It has reported record numbers of new cases three times in a matter of days
    Tighter recommendations are now being introduced in some regions
    The October 28 figure eclipsed a record set only the previous day, when more than 2,400 cases were announced, Health Agency statistics show.

🤔

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

If you study how they live in Sweden they were already in a 90% lockdown situation as their normal way of life.

shame they are suffering now it was a good try by them.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I really was hoping it wouldn’t happen but hey ho …….. I just hope it isn’t going on to Christmas.

Honorary Member

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

May the Ford be with you

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Another Lockdown Coming. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!