Anybody into single malt?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Anybody into single malt?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Are any of you whisky drinkers? I am trying to build a collection but struggling not to drink a bottle before I get another. Currently at 10 bottles all from Speyside. Any recommendations outside that region? Not keen on the peaty stuff!

This payday was my first since getting a promotion so I celebrated with 2 bottles. Glenglassaugh  PX Sherry Wood Finish  which I’m looking forward to trying and Glenlivet 2003 Connoisseurs choice which I may keep and give to my eldest son at some point as he was born that year but that may change haha..

Cheers ! ?

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Not a whisky drinker but try the Caol Ila unpeated range. Could also look at Bunnahabhain as they do an unpeated also gets you away from Speyside and down to Islay. Could also look towards Springbanks but you really should get into the peated , keeps me in a job ??

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

me neither really, got a few old Johnnies knocking about though

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

You’ve got to slowly get yourself into the peaty stuff. That’s where the real treats are found. Id start with something like a Highland Park 12 which is barely noticable but just a wee hint then move on to something like a Jura with slightly more peatiness. Before you know it you will be buying Taliskers and Laphroaig’s before reaching the pinnacle of Peaty whiskies – The amazing Ardbeg which is my favourite whisky.

If you want smooth, i’d try a nice Dalwhinnie which is really easy to drink. I would also recommend the salty whiskeys – Old Pulteney, Glenmorangie for their freshness and easy going nature, I refer to these as an afternoon whiskeys.

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

My latest acquisitions.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I’m currently in to Welsh whiskey, just finished Sherry wood and Port wood

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

what a load of pi$$heads !! 😎   anybody got a “whisky drinkers nose” yet? ie all shiny and lumpy and bright red !!?? Bob?? ha ha ha

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Not a single malt but he likes it….

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0mCUKXfjDOVg1nwg0NmU3wmOw

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Sooo Funny over a pint of the stuff in less than 45 seconds braveman

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Some interesting replies!

I totally lied about all being Speyside.. I have 2 that are not!

They are pictured with most favourite on the left to least favourite on the right although I do drink and enjoy them all at different times. Just depends on the mood. I don’t have my latest purchases yet.  Due for delivery tomorrow.

I have a lightly peated one in the Allt-A-Bhainne which I’m starting to enjoy. The first sip is a bit hot but then it’s all good..  Baby steps ?

No  I do not have a bulbous nose! Well not yet anyway ??

I haven’t tried Welsh whisky yet but will definitely visit it at some point. There are so many to choose from! I went to the whisky shop in Dufftown last year and was overwhelmed!

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

This is a really good read, more upto date edition out now though.

May the Ford be with you

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Stuart I like your latest acquisition! I’ve seen these sets before but for me that’s going to take some serious justification to myself! Maybe a 50th present? My 40th was a decent watch which started me collecting a few but that got too expensive as well!

Marc, seriously that is mental! Surely the guy would have puked his ring up after that!?

BDA I bet those Johnny’s taste better than the ones I have in my drawer ?

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve got this but no idea where I got it? 

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Irelmo, i did find out the age on the one on the left but have forgotten now, i think it is at least 60 years old, would probably make a good paint stripper or pine dye !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Anybody into single malt?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!