Anybody into single malt?

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Anybody into single malt?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Wow 60!? I bet it won’t taste a lot different to when it was bottled.

Don’t think I’ve ever tried JW though?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@irelmo, if you ever get the chance you must try this. Not to far away from me hic hic hic……. none left ???

Honorary Member

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

The list is growing ??

foundsatis
    Participant

UK - England

Glengoyne is a fantastic distillery near Loch Lomond, just north of Glasgow.

Their whisky is unpeated and they have the “slowest stills in Scotland”.

It’s good stuff.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@irelmo

Evening mate!! I see you have Balvenie Doublewood quite high up on your list. Well if you like that you’ll love Balvenie Portwood 21 year old!! It’s absolutely gorgeous. Expect to pay upwards of £130 a bottle but it’s worth it, enjoy with a smidgen of water or a tiny ice cube, that’s how I like it anyway.

I think it was in 2013 that Balvenie bottled a select amount of a 50 year old Whisky – I’ll try and find the link to it. Anyway, the asking price per bottle was £26,500….!!!!! You wouldn’t want to tan that in one night!! Haha.. I think they stood to make nearly £7,000,000 from the 250 ish bottles!! ?

As for the peaty ones. I never liked them at first but really enjoy them now. If your not keen on the extreme peaty ones like Laphroaig etc. as described by @davers3 then I would highly recommend Highland Park Dragon Legend. I came across this at Xmas time and it’s a lovely smokey Whisky with a mild peatyness. I love it and for some reason always have 2 bottles in the boot of the RS…

Dragon Legend is around £40 a bottle!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@irelmo, finished this one in February, have to say not one to drink but to nip occasionally

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, I tried Highland Park Dragon Legend around April last year, and have to agree I liked it a lot ?

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

Nice one mate!! You have good taste. I thought you maybe just bought it coz the bottle was BLACK!! Haha… ??.

@irelmo

I found a link, not the one I had previously read though….

The Balvenie To Release Twin 50-Year-Old Single Casks

I think they have been releasing one every year since. That stuff was put in the cask in 1963!!!! That’s totally mental. Would love to have a taste!! ??????????.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo, at Christmas we have a tot of this on Christmas pudding

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@bobcat

That looks very similar to Baileys?? Me and my mate, years ago, used to go into a pub where they’d sell you a Baileys and Black Bottle!! This consisted of a double Black Bottle (a blended whisky, 40%) and Baileys was your mixer…….. Apparently you were only allowed 2 within an hour….. and a total of 4….. so you just went in when there was 2 barmaids on, haha!! An excellent start to the night!! Lol!! ???.

Cheers, Marc.

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Irelmo, yeah wee treat for me, set is £400 plus you can get the White Walker to complete the set, stick in freezer bottle reacts to the cold about 35 quid for that. Handy that I work for the crowd.

We have our week long whisky festival starting end of this month, 9 distilleries all having an open day Island is heaving for the duration, loads of specials available.

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Marc! I have a friend of a friend that is a chemist with the balvenie distilary and she took me for a private tour before I went around the glenfidich next door. She has an amazing collection and let me loose on it one night. I was in heaven!

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Stuart, I’d say £400 is a good price for an instant collection like that.

Maybe next month ??

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Just got home from a flying visit to a company in Cardiff and after the 260mile trip I got home to my new acquisitions ! Glenglassaugh port wood is a no age jobby but it tastes old! I’m impressed and it wasn’t huge money either at under £60. I’ve had 2 bottles of the revival and this is much more grown up! Unlike me ?

Only a quick nip to taste as I have things to do later?

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

This is the reason my NB Edition has only done 5800 miles in over a year i,m too pissed to drive it much -I love my whiskey.hic

Former RS Edition owner

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Anybody into single malt?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!