Been Looking at the BMW M2 Competition.

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Been Looking at the BMW M2 Competition.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

As the title indicates, been thinking of test driving a BMW, be interested to here fellow RS owners thoughts. Basically I could be in a pre registered high spec car for £45k and its the only M car offered with manual gearbox. The quality is a temptation. Any thoughts?

Coastliner

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

sorry Coast, I can’t say much more innit !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Dazh
    Participant

UK - England

My brother in law has one, whilst I love my RS the M2 is no doubt a step up.

Daz

Daz

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Beyond the usual BS above, it would be my alternative to an RS,  had the RS not come out I’d probably had one.   Would it replace the RS or be as well?….    If it’s in addition, then it’s a no brainier.   As I’ve said before I also drive an E89 Z4 35iS, no it’s not an M2, (about as quick) a straight six BMW turbo engine is awesome.    The torque delivery is more than the Eco boost could ever dream of ! ….. The sound is glorious.

Interiors are nice, Pro Nav is far better looking than even sync 3 (I have that now :D), which my wife has in her 120D xDrive.

Would you be able to use an M2 on the road as well and as easily as an RS?  On a track the M2 has the advantage, for me on the road I think the AWD and torque vectoring of the RS makes the power much more usable, safer and fun.

Lets be honest,  they are both great cars and highly desirable…….   Not sure I’d put the RS3 in that group, but I probably would include the AMG45.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

The M2c is a brilliant motor, to be honest

If it wasn’t a better car build speed refinement etc (not handling) their would be a problem at its new price point nearly twice the price of the first Mk3 RS.

This is probably one of the last smaller M cars to have the 6 pot the 1 now has a 4 pot

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks 9-designs, unfortunately it would be a replacement for the RS I do not have the funds to own both. Your feedback is what I think about the M2.

71-bda I knew I could rely on you I love you humour(NOT IN A HOMOSEXUAL WAY) just thought I would stress that. Its only an embryo of a thought at the moment. Done 600 miles in the focus up to now this month mostly spirited driving and was exploring possibilities of worthy replacements

Coastliner

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I see more M2’s on the road (or works car park) than I see Mk3 RS………

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Hammy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

M cars are for tossers nothing has changed from the 80s.

some twat near me has one with a overrun map and a exhaust. Sounds stupid to be honest. Drives it around like a fiesta pops and bang map.

• Magnetic, Forge wheels, Edge Protectors , Lux Pack & Recaro Shell Seats
    • Dreamscience Imap Ultimate 3+
    • Dmb Gel Badges Nitrous Blue
    • Rallyflapz Kaylan Black 
    • Team Heko Wind defectors Dark 
    • Dreamscience turbo back exhaust with race car.
    • Airtec SSC Black
    • Airtec Stage 2 Air Intake Black & Nitrous Blue 
    • Airtec Rear Diffuser Black 
    • ST suspension 12.5mm spacers
    • Forge recirculating valve
    • yellow fog lights 
    • Airtec Nitrous Blue rear diff cooler 
    • 10% tint on rear lights 
    • Satin black window louver vents
    • Airtec short shifter set @ 40%
    • Valve delete mod
    • Bonnet struts 
    • Solid shifter bushes 
    • 1 step colder spark plugs NGK 
    • Engine dress up screw kit
    • body colour coded washer jets 
    • Airtec intercooler
    • Airtec boost pipes
    • Clubsport 4 point roll cage in nitrous blue
    • 3 point securon harness x2 
    • Driver side JCR lowered seat rail 

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Stirred somewhat of a reaction this thread.

Coastliner

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

M2c is the new PPC dream car three years from its launch their will be a huge flood of these onto the market kicking the used car price in the knackers you’ll save at least 50%

example 2016/17 cars can be found from £23k that’s depreciation from the new price compared to the RS.

M2 isn’t a small car either it’s only about 100mm shorter than an M4 making the M2 better value than an M4

Also the M2 M3 M4 are all basically the same car.

If I didn’t want to keep the RS until I retire / die I’d of gone for an M2c must be the “c” version

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

As Hammy has mentioned –

I do hear a lot of the German marques always driving around in look at me mode pops & bangs.

They seem to be the new Asian bad boy cars moving on from the Type R, Evo’s and Subaru’s

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

paulg
    Participant

UK - England

A friend of mine has one, and it’s a great car to drive. Great handling car that inspires confidence (I’ve only driven it in the dry for a few hundred miles though) and a fantastic engine that just keeps pulling. Low speed ride is worse than the RS though. I didn’t like the brakes, and he regrets not getting the upgrade option (400mm discs) and the M driver’s package.

Nitrous Blue FPM375, Milltek, DSC & TracTive, lots of Mountune bits

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Been Looking at the BMW M2 Competition.. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!