Emma Raducanu British?? Dont think so !!

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Emma Raducanu British?? Dont think so !!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Why are the British Mainstream media SO SO Desperate for a “British sporting hero” ?? I mean, take this 18 year old Raducanu, hardly a ‘British’ name, she was born in Toronto, Canada to a Chinese Mother and Romanian Father and they moved to the Uk 16 years ago, to me, shes not British ! Shes at best Canadian ! Is this country so crap at producing any quality sportsmen or women that we have to import talented folk and pretend they are British??  I just cannot see her as being British AT ALL !! If me and the Mrs pop out a baby and then go and live in China after a few years, that baby, to me is always going to be ENGLISH and not Chinese !!

I could mention that Murray Tennis geezer, think its fun when he wins, hes ‘Scottish’ and when he loses, hes ‘British’ !! ha ha .

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda

I thought exactly the same when I researched her heritage. Good player with prospects but no way is she British and I cannot think that grandparents give her the British heritage. If she goes on to improve at this rate can’t see Andy Murray or Johanna Konte ever getting another mention.

Coastliner

Pauly Paul
    Participant

ANDY & JOHANNA WHO? she’s only gone and won the bloody thing 👍🤣

Thomas A
    Participant

Australia

PATHETIC,  if you blokes don’t want her,  send her out here to Australia,

WE appreciate anyone who achieves for our great nation whether it be “Ash Barty”

or even an Aboriginal. that being Evonne Goolagong  for those of you who can’t remember .

Cheers have a nice day.    go the RS.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Thomas, from the normal folks I know who are real Australians, they are pretty fed up with the mass immigration from certain Asian countries ! Me personally, am proud of being ENGLISH, and if I ever go and live overseas will remain English and would not dream of calling myself another nationality. Could you imagine Mike Tyson or Ronaldo calling themselves “British” if they ever came to live here permanently? Don’t think so. Most natives of the UK are fed up with the UK being a dumping ground for the worlds scroungers and so-called ‘refugees’ and fake asylum seekers. Then we get the media subtly trying to make  an all British hero  out of a Canadian born half Chinese half Romanian girl and mould us into thinking ” cor, immigrants are really great for us as they give us sporting champions” and some gullible lefty liberals really believe that without questioning whats really going on or why there is so much being made out of a tennis player.  Maybe pop over to London one day and play “spot the English man” or try and hear a voice on the street which is not foreign ! The place is like Bangladesh now and white British culture has disappeared, forced out.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

walker-steve77
    Participant

UK - England

She’s lived here for 16 of her 18 years alive! Raised, gone to school, trained in tennis and now contributing to our success in sports and as a role model.
    I’m proud to have her on board and for her to call herself British – she’s earned it.

Nitrous Blue, Lux Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Black Forged Alloys & Door Edge Protectors

Stage 1 + many extras

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

But Steve, If I get a Branson or Tesla rocket and go and live on the planet Mars for 16 years that does not make me a Martian ! I’d still be a Human or Earthling ! You cannot change where you are from or what you are. If  a Tiger decides to move in with the Lions , it does not become a Lion, its always going to be a Tiger ! I wonder why there is ( or maybe they have dumped that rule now) a rule that to play for the England football team you had to have been born in the UK  ? Knowing how crap our team is now it won’t be too long until the England squad has no British born players in  it and is merely a team of foreigners who happen to live in the UK ! To me, thats NOT an English squad ! Cricket? how would you feel about the English cricket team being made up of Pakistanis? Could you imagine England versus Pakistan cricket? Not for me thanks ! I’m not having a go at Emma Raducanu, she will still probably call herself Canadian-born half Chinese half Romanian, what I don’t get is why at the moment the media are all over her and putting the word ‘British’ in front of her name all the time, just to brainwash us all, do they keep saying “Scottish Andy Murray” ? no.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

SERIOUSLY???  21 pages ?? yes 21 pages in todays Daily Mail all on her thats over a quarter of the paper devoted to her !! including a ‘4 page centre page pullout poster’ whoopee !  Theres definitely something going on here, its got to be a smokescreen, maybe a diversion tactic? No mention anywhere of another 850 illegals floating into Dover yesterday or the 6000+ there have been in the last week. One page on Saturday for the 20 year 9/11 ceremony, and 21 pages for a Canadian born Chinese Romanian today !

Priorities surely?

If folk think she is British, by the same reasoning, shouldn’t Lil louis Hamilton be Swiss? I mean he upped sticks and left the Uk 14 years ago back in 2007, surely hes now SWISS?? eh?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

Agree totally bda.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one Dave !  Now there are cries to give her an OBE or even a CBE !!  Is it not enough that she is inline for £150,000,000  ( yes, thats 150 MILLION pounds)  just for knocking a ball around.  What a great “British Triumph”  !! a real “British” success story !! NOT.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t get what the poor lass done wrong tbh.

Have a joke and a laugh at YGR expense and a few of you jump on and get offended but yet question someone’s nationality and that’s ok?

its 2021, the poor lass spent most of her life here, is now a high rate tax payer and flying the flag proud. I say good on her.

yes we have a problem with immigration in this country but those who come here through the right process have every right to be called British.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

We’re not having a go at her Wub or saying she has done anything wong, I’m simply wondering why the media are making so much of it, its like they are desperate for a British hero, OR to subtly brainwash and condition everyone that immigrants are great ! I would HOPE she is proud of being a Canadian born Chinese Romanian, do people really just cancel or forget their real roots? Dont most Blacks in USA call themselves ‘African Americans’? Going by the logic that because she has spent the last 16 years here that automatically makes her British, please explain why for example it is that Louis Hamilton who has called Switzerland his home for 14 years is not called a “Swiss Champion” by the media?  Do we really need to import foreign sporting talent and punt them as “British” just because we have no home bred talent?  I guess it wont be long until Ronaldo is touted as a great British footballer  because he lives in Cheshire? Wub, if you have a daughter born in the UK and you decide to emigrate when she is 2 or 3 to Thailand, is your daughter  British or Thai??   surely she will ALWAYS be BRITISH !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Well put BDA. Good example using that Woke wank pot Hamilton – you can’t have it both ways.

I recently got into a spot of bother at work describing someone (2nd generation born in UK) as a British Pakistani – apparently it should be a Pakistani British, the other may be offensive.

WTF?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I know Dave, but they all call themselves ” British Muslims” !! maybe they would like ‘Muslim British ‘ ?? This morning in the gym because they now have a young black boy on the staff and he often trains with an even younger (possibly schoolboy) possibly brother? the choice of music is this utter rubbish ” Gangsta Rap” I tell you what, this is the absolute truth, for the first half hour or so of these so called musical tunes EVERY track was full of expletives, EVERY track included multiple usages of the “N” word that rhymes with RIGGER, there was f this, f that, shit this, ho this, I had enough of it so went to reception and let them have it ! I said ” what the fuck is this shit on the speakers? all I have heard is swearing and lyrics like ‘my ni99er be like’ and ‘all the ni99ers be like’ and n this and n that and funk this and shoot this and my dick this and women suck my d1ck blah blah blah, I said to the brown boy how come you lot think its so cool to call each other ni99ers and yet if I mention the word now I’m a racist”!  they all just grinned and said “its just gangsta rap man, its cool toons” I replied ” its utter shit mate, there was a time when black men made great music , disco, funk, soul, blues etc now theyr’e just wanna be little boy gangsters” a few white blokes stood around  laughed, the blacks just looked gobsmacked. So I went back inside, repped out me 110 kilos bench then left ! ( without my protein shake too sod it)

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Emma Raducanu British?? Dont think so !!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!