Focus RS Mk3 Bootlight Jumper Harness

Home Forums Styling Lighting Focus RS Mk3 Bootlight Jumper Harness

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 136 total)
  • Author

wackka
    Participant

UK - England

Any more available, Trigger37?

Racing is life

Trigger37
    Participant

United Kingdom

@Mike Parker

Glad to hear you receive the loom ok, and you’re pleased with the quality too I like making a neat job when making these. Did wonder why you hadn’t contacted me I thought you had blocked me on the other site as I tried messaging you to see how you got on with the wiring of the boot light but couldn’t message you.

Craig.

Trigger37
    Participant

United Kingdom

@ Wackka & Ged..etc

Sorry guys for late reply I have been busy over the weekend, was at an RS meet the weekend so wasn’t near a computer to get back to everyone as quickly as I had hoped. I am in the process of making some more looms, looks like will need to make a few as I had only did a few purely to help out other Forum members but didn’t realise Ford had made so many unhappy customers by removing the second boot light! ;o)

When I have completed them will tie up with everyone who showed an interest so far.

Craig.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ Trigger37.. Hi Craig,  I think maybe my one year subscription may have expired on that site, that could be why, but I have not had a renewal reminder or anything, and cant see where I check or renew on there either, so probably wont bother on there anymore, its far more pleasant on here and I like the fact it is dedicated to the MK3  !! My blubs did not turn up so havnt been rummaging around on the boot yet, that pleasure will be next weekend I hope.. “let there be light”!  CheeRS

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Hello Trigger37

you still Ok to do one of those rear boot light loom piece for me. How does it work how do I pay for materials etc

cheers

🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

rst212
    Participant

UK - England

I’d love one of these if you’ve got the time to do an extra one ??

RSOldie
    Participant

UK - England

I didn’t realise I only have just one. Will be opening tailgate soon!

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Just priced up the lamp cover and bulb holder from Fords – outrageous cost? Is it simple to connect the lamp wiring to the cars circuit? I’m no electrician but can the standard bulb be replaced with LED ones.

Didnt realise only had one boot light. Checked my ST and got both left and right.

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Whilst Chris is fitting the HD Cam tomorrow I will speak with my dealership to see whether I can get the 2nd luggage light and loom fitted under warranty if I show them the forum threads. I doubt Ford CS will help just pass it back to the dealer..

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

Trigger37
    Participant

United Kingdom

@davey-f

There is no actual wiring present on the loom for the second boot light that’s why I made up the plug and play connector loom so anyone can plug into the existing harness without the need for cutting or soldering all you need to buy is the second boot light or try a breakers yard. The boot lights listed on ebay say that a C-Max 2010 plate uses same bulb holder so might be worth saying it’s for that vehicle rather than a 2016 plate Focus as they will more than likely reply back with “We don’t stock parts for that year vehicle as it’s too new”

Craig.

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Trigger37

thanks for very informative reply. I was at my local ford dealer today as Chris installed Blackvue. When he had departed I had someone look at it with a view to persuade Ford to cover it under warranty. Waiting for the call. Spoke to the owner of a 66 plate RS in for oil change and his was the same. Will post what the dealer says – if you don’t ask you won’t find out. I priced up the part finis number for the boot light which retailed at £29 inclusive. Didn’t ask parts dept about whether the wiring come up on their system. How is the second light powered when built at the factory?

cheers,

RSOldie
    Participant

UK - England

I quite like the idea of having two lights. If Ford fitted them as a dealer fit accessory I’d get it done at first service.

wackka
    Participant

UK - England

nice one Trigger37

Racing is life

Trigger37
    Participant

United Kingdom

@davey-f

The boot light was a cost reduction exercise by Ford so not sure it would be covered under warranty.  The wiring in the passenger side is 0.5mm2 cable which at 12v is capable of carrying 11amps the 2 x W5W bulbs in the boot when fitted both sides are 5watts each so total combined ampage for both lights will be 0.83 amps  @ 12v so the cable is more than capable of having a 2nd boot light running off the loom even more so if you were to swap to 2 Led units.

I’m not entirely sure what they did with the original loom when running a 2nd boot light perhaps someone with a car with a 2nd light look behind the holder and confirm if the loom runs back towards the boot then its likely the loom runs across the rear boot trim panel over to the passenger boot light or has a separate run of cable back to the fuse panel.

Craig

Trigger37
    Participant

United Kingdom

@davey-f

Just an update to my last post I have done some checking and the original loom which had 2 boot lights ran from the BCM via F60 fuse which is rated at 10A  both boot lights were joined together BRN/GRN wires from this fuse location so the jumper loom is effectively duplicating the original set up. When opening the boot both bulbs are earthed via the BLU/WHT wires.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Focus RS Mk3 Bootlight Jumper Harness. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!