Fuel consumption

Home Forums Performance Fuel Fuel consumption

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Iam getting 27.9. But don’t really give a f..k as only use it when its dry. If I was to think about the Petrol each time I filled up I would have bought a pedal bike but then again you  cannot get a bike with 345hp smile with smiles

Fully forged running M400x

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

20.8 MPG – keeping track via Fuelly app. Daily driver in the city – not heavy footed, just pottering around in rush hour traffic twice a day in normal mode. It likes a drink!

TrevSkyline
    Participant

UK - England

I get 26-28 mpg on average, normal mode, light footed urban driving, traffic included – I turn off the stupid start/stop nonsense.

Interestingly, I get the same mpg in Sport mode…I’m guessing as it’s a tighter map with better off throttle fueling.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

definitely 2-3mpg less in this cold weather, you can see the difference even cruising at 70 the instantaneous consumption is more. In the summer just after cold start, the fuel consumption was always 0.2 litre/hour at idle, now its at 0.3 litres/hour at idle for a bit longer! She likes a good drink..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

johnny-bollockson
    Participant

USA

27. The best I’ve had is 27.7.

mdickens98
    Participant

UK - England

I had a mk2.5 ST before and used to average about 22-23, I was kinda hoping the RS would be slightly better but so far I’ve averaged 19.5 over 400 miles. I’ve got the FPM375 fitted so don’t know if that effects fuel economy much. Car has only done 2300 miles so far and had the head gasket recall work done 400 miles ago, is it likely to improve at all as the engine is run in more? A lot of my driving is short city commutes so not ideal but I’ve noticed the instant consumption drops to single figures even under very gently acceleration so she’s a thirsty girl! If anything the economy seems better when I’m giving the right pedal a bit of stick! Love the car though and didn’t buy it for fuel economy just curious how others are managing mid to high 20’s?

johnny10hands
    Participant

UK - England

I reset my mpg meter every time the clocks go forward / backward so will be resetting mine today. Currently on 27.7mpg over the winter months and about 28.8 over last summer. On nearly 12k mileage with a 40m daily round commute. 95% of time it’s nicely blending in with traffic. The other 5% is to remind me what a fine piece of machinery the RS is.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Mine is currently 27.7 mpg over winter

Honorary Member

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

@Matt Dickens – I’m the same, short city commutes (10-16 miles return each day) and averaging around 19 mpg. No chance to open up in city traffic so driving around like Miss Daisy too. It doesn’t like the city I think!

GrumpyPappa
    Participant

UK - England

Daily use 3 miles each way in traffic average 18 not

Done several 100 mile trips can get low 30,s even at 80 mph best was 35 mph during running in kept below 4kRevs.

Car in sport most of time 2200 miles in 50 weeks , getting first service and mountune375 kit next sat. 80 mile trip each way

Will see if mpg changes much

Nigel

Jam Jar
    Participant

France

Yo.  On that 900 mile = 1450km cruise down (set it at 126kph = 78mph) I averaged 11.2 l/100km = 25.2 mpg.

Now at 3300kms and on my daily commute of a mere 2x 17km = 2x 10.5m (which is 1/3 slow crawl) I’m getting about 13.6 l/100km = 20.7 mpg … which seems a bit low but not too dangerously low to fret too much about it…

Maybe I need that Ultima map to get reasonable mpg … pretty mad stock, FPM375 in my case, has such poor fuel economy?!?

dan-2
    Participant

USA

I use mine daily for work duties, done 4000 miles since September last year.

Whilst it was warm still in September I hit 37.2mpg (which is my personal best) on a run down the clear motorway for 35/40 miles

Other than that I could get 32/34mpg on the motorway at 70mph in the summer, but as soon as the low temperatures came this winter I couldn’t get above 30mpg.

I will be putting a DS map on it in the near future, hopefully that will help it out a bit.

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

Mine does about 8 miles a day during the week then off out and about with family or to an event at weekends.

Can’t seem to get the average much above 22mpg. But it looks like many hover around that.

Will do a miss daisy 30 mile trip today and see what that returns. My gut feel is it won’t be anywhere near 30 mpg whereas my previous Cupra K1 and Tfsi Audi probably would return 32-35mpg without even thinking about driving like miss daisy.

Even my Subaru returns 32mpg on a run and is noticeable better on fuel when it’ been used more regular. I’ve had it 16 years so kinda know what it drinks like. The RS has been a bit of a surprise and drinks more like a previous 2010 3.0 V6 Supercharged S4 I had a few years back.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

My current RS. At the moment I’m still running it in and it says its returning 32mpg. My previous RS Mk3 showed 27mpg at the same running in indicated mileage.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Scott.t
    Participant

UK - England

It seems quite alot depends on your daily commute. Mine isn’t far so I take quite a hit on the averaged mpg (I should walk it really)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Fuel consumption. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!