Headlamp Malfunction

Home Forums Styling Lighting Headlamp Malfunction

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

AndyR1900
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Lucky I’ve had the same issue for a while but auto and manual makes no difference the looms have already been adapted and look good I’ve replaced the front sensor but not the rear, still the Sam warning message but I’ve been looking for a way of testing before spending more cash but got nowhere. Have u had anymore help?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

How much did it cost to replace the front sensor?

Ever since I’ve unplugged it to have a look inside it hasn’t came up with the error on the dash.. Not happened in the past week so not sure if that helped or its been the freezing weather or if it is still happening but no error.

It never happened all the time for me which is so weird.. Like after a day or so it would happen again.. Sometimes it stick if I turned right and wouldn’t correct itself until I turned left.

Noticed that no one sells the drivers side 2nd hand.. All the earlier models suffer with issues and apparently the new ones were corrected.. Should be replacing the earlier ones for free.

AndyR1900
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi lucky I think it was £190 which is a lot on a guess, mines is constantly the wire adapter has been done inside both lights. The only thing I can think of that might be out is the sequence on start in I don’t think the lights go up and down much, I’ve disconnected the rear sensor then re plugged it bk in but no difference

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I know I spent 300 on the 2 O2 sensors and another sensor on a guess before.

I’ve only had issues with the driver side headlight..  the other side is still normal loom.

I take it you’ve tried taking it to ford to have a look at it? I really want to avoid that, closes one is Arnold Clark and they charge 130-150 just to look.

On the other forum someone plugged in a forscan to find an issue.. That’s what helped them find the sensor issue if I remember right. I’ll try and get another video of my start sequence.

AndyR1900
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Ford wanted £150 per hour and said they couldn’t tell me how many hours, I felt they were just chancing it so I left,

surly a diagnostic program will find the fault in minutes

Jamieandsamcars
    Participant

UK - England

Hi, you don’t have to take the car to a Ford dealer garage. Most decent independent/back street garages will have diagnostic/obd readers and hopefully some will have mechanics who have been doing the job 30+ years that know a thing or two.
    I hope you get it fixed, let us know the outcome.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Not got mine diagnosed yet.

Noticed it happens when I’m driving now that the light point to the right and when I come to a stop…the light goes back to the centre.. I see it when I stop to reverse in to my drive.

Janne Hakkarainen
    Participant

Finland

Hello. I seen to have sama problem with front beam. Tried to fix wires, no help.. Where are these sensors you mentioned?

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Headlamp Malfunction. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!