litchfield stage 2 dyno results

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU litchfield stage 2 dyno results

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

coatesy1
    Participant

UK - England

guys i’ve been to performance centre sunderland today, bad picture i know.

litchfield stage 2 ots remap

decat

airtec intercooler

cobb panel filter

results:

375bhp       580nm torque

i am more than happy with how the car drives on the road abit upset at the low bhp for the mods though, they said mountune 375 cars have been producing 365bhp.

i had ultima 2 map before the litchfield map and still think i made the right decision to switch.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@coatesy1

Evening mate!! Torque figure seems good, is the BHP reading at the wheels or the Crank?? If it’s at the wheels then it’s good, at the Crank you should be seeing around 415 BHP. What Air Intake do you have, or is it just a Filter?? Are you running 99 Octane fuel and do you have the 99 Octane map uploaded??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

does seem a bit down stage 1 litchfield maps have made more than

as above what air intake , and standard exhaust ?

coatesy1
    Participant

UK - England

Air intake just a cobb filter

Exhaust is standard with a scorpion decat

99 v power fuel always used

blechdosenbill
    Participant

Germany

Just out of interest how was the car dynoed? 4wd or 2wd?

coatesy1
    Participant

UK - England

when i watched him he first done 4wd then a run in 2wd

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

ive not long come from a mountune 375 kit to a stage 1 litchfield and its 100% more powerful than mountunes map. I was going to go down the same route with the airtec intercooler and scorpion decat in may. Saying that i would rather have 430lbft torque for road use than it be the other way round with 430bhp and 375 torque. Possibly the original exhaust is causing the issues on a stage 2 that it doesnt on a stage 1 with it not being able to flow efficently?
    What was their explanation?

“A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it” – Walter Rohrl

coatesy1
    Participant

UK - England

no idea i always thought a cat back was just for noise and looks

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

Well when you chnage the exhaust on the car usually on a turbo people got for a 3″ system. The typical size on must factory cars for turbos is 2.5″. When you remove the cat and chage to a 3″ system it will reduce back pressure and increase the exhaust flow which makes the turbo’s life easier and enable’s it to perform better. Thats the theory anyway, im not an expert but possibly since you have removed the cat but not increased the exhaust bore its not flowing efficently as it could do and is causing back pressure which is stopping performance. How many miles has the car done?

“A car is just fast enough when you stand in front of it in the morning and are afraid to unlock it” – Walter Rohrl

coatesy1
    Participant

UK - England

13k miles on a 18 plate, it had ultima 2 and decat from its first 50 miles

cam87
    Participant

UK - England

hmmm well its broken in enough then isnt it, im guessing the standard exhaust is casuing some of the power loss, around 8-10bhp. What did litchfield say? it is what it is?

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

Litchfield Stage 2 should be 410bhp if you have all the correct parts fitted and the map set up properly,

did you have this setup at litchfield by ian on their dyno or did you do the data logging yourself and send them off to litchfield for revision ?

coatesy1
    Participant

UK - England

i bought it with the map already on the cobb unit so just a ots map

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

To get the best from the map it needs to be set up for your engine

coatesy1
    Participant

UK - England

yeah i understand that but it does state on the website 410bhp from the ots remap not the custom tuning, would have been good to have kept the ultima handset so i could have compared the two.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to litchfield stage 2 dyno results. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!