Litchfield vs Mountune

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Litchfield vs Mountune

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Which stage1 to choose Litchfield 385(BHP) or FPM375(PS)? Not too concerned about base warranty.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

or the Dreamscience Imap?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks bda. Its striking the right balance between obtaining a noticeable power gain without compromising durability/reliability I suppose.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@tonys

Afternoon mate!! If your not too bothered about the warranty are you planning changing any other components as well as getting a map?? Or just a map??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Litchfield stage 1 has achieved just under 400bhp at dyno days in Scotland. Both results were from different cars. Also with going Litchfield you’ll use a cobb accessport so have the option to pick and choose different maps and upload them as and when you please

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo – Hi. If upgraded hardware is recommended by Litchfield then I would request they install it prior to remap. I suspect a similar hardware upgrade to that adopted for the FPM375 would also be used by Litchfield, but I’m no expert.

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Litchfields stage 1 map can be run on a completely standard car and still achieve close to 400bhp. Obviously modifications will help.

The first car running Litchfield only had an AS induction kit and made 395bhp and 400lbft torque

The other car only had a catback exhaust and made 399bhp and 364lbft torque

Litchfield stage 1 is defo bang for buck when it comes to performance. I’ve heard a few owners now saying if they knew they could have achieved that kinda power they wouldn’t have bothered with spending the cash on all the other hardware for running stage 2

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Also at both these dyno days Litchfield was the most impressive map which encouraged other owners to purchase a map with them. I’m still planning on getting a map with them but I still need to buy an intercooler and I’ll be going straight to stage 2. I already run Adam tunes stage 1 map on my car but want to change

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@s66anb – Thanks for the info. I’ll contact Litchfield next week to discuss options.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@tonys

I’ve just read your message and will send a decent reply tomorrow mate!! I’m not currently compesmentus, (I know that’s spelt wrong) haha…. good night!! ???

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@tonys

Evening mate!! If I was you I’d go for Litchfield. I can’t comment on their Stage 1 map coz I never had it, I went straight to their Stage 2 map as I had already fitted upgraded parts to my RS!! I did get the Remus Cat-back and Milltek 100 Cell Cat from Litchfield, also from what I have heard from other owners the Stage 1 is GOOD!! I don’t think you need to change any parts but I would advise upgrading your Air Intake regardless, in fact I’d advise upgrading your Air Intake even if you don’t have a map!! Mainly coz you want as much air getting sucked into your engine as freely as possible!! Plus it sounds SOOOO much better mate!! ??. I would also advise you replace your Recirculating Valve as the OEM one is PISH!!, a pet hate of mine and I think every RS owner should change this part!! ALSO…. I found Litchfield an absolute joy to talk to whether it be on the phone or via text message. I live in the highlands of Scotland so obviously can’t take a run down there, and I spend half my life Offshore, so comms can be restricted but they were quick to reply to anything I asked and I basically don’t have a single negative thing to say about them!! PLUS…. you can data-log with the COBB handset and send that data to Litchfield who will look at it and make changes free of charge for the first 12 months!! For me it’s a NO-BRAINER mate!! Hope that helps??

Cheers, Marc.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo – Glad to see you’re back in the land of the living lol. Many thanks for your detailed and valued reply. I will install an upgraded high flow air intake kit,  recirc. and SSC if I go for Litchfield stage 1. Season’s greetings.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@tonys

Haha!! Seasons greetings to you too mate!! Yeah, back in the land of the living, finally, it’s taken all bloody day, it doesn’t get any easier as you get older that’s for sure!! Lol!!

I would change your Air Intake and Recirc Valve and fit an SSC regardless of what you decide to do mate!! Your engine will thank you for it and you don’t need any kinda map or anything to do these mods!! Then you should give Litchfield a phone and order a COBB Handset with the Stage 1 map on it, personally I’d go Stage 2 but I don’t know your circumstances, ie….. what do you want from the car, how much do you have to spend on the car, are you fussed about fuel consumption etc etc… you’d need an Intercooler and hi-flow cat for sure and a Cat-back Exhaust for a PROPER note… and I fit all this stuff myself, if you don’t you’ll need to pay someone to do it??

Cheers, Marc.

mky-77
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Brembo there is a cobb unit on eBay with the stage 1 map for £400 whats your view on that?any negatives

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@mky-77

Is it a COBB Accessport V2 or V3?? And who’s Stage 1 map is it that’s on it??

Cheers, Marc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Litchfield vs Mountune. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!