Litchfield vs Mountune

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Litchfield vs Mountune

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@brembo so they have sent you a generic stage 2 map then. Was the car put on the dyno or have you just uploaded the map and run the car since? If it was just uploaded and no logs have been sent then I’d recommend sending some logs just to confirm the car is running correctly. I wouldn’t want to take my chances running around 420bhp and stressing the engine on a map that isn’t 100%

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@s66anb

Morning mate!! Yeah, Litchfield do Off The Shelf (OTS) Stage 1 and Stage 2 maps. They also do Custom Tuning but for that you need to take your vehicle to them, not an option for me living in the Highlands of Scotland. Lol!! The OTS Maps are pre-loaded onto a COBB Accessport and are plug n play, Stage 1 is ready to go on a standard RS and for Stage 2 you need upgraded Air Intake, Intercooler, Sports Cat and Exhaust. The maps come with 3 options depending on the Octane rating of fuel that you use. The maps are easily installed by connecting the COBB to your vehicle and downloading your Engine ECU’s standard software which is stored in the COBB Handset, the map of your choice (depending on the fuel you use) is then uploaded into the Engine ECU and your good to go!!

The reason I chose Litchfield was because the Power and Torque you get is superb and in my opinion is one the safest maps out there as the Boost runs at 23 psi all day long, unlike REVO for example that kicks between 28 to 30 psi of Boost into your Cylinders!! Too much for a standard 2.3 EcoBoost in my opinion. My Engine is standard internally so for me this map was the one to go for as the power is derived from changes to the Fuelling and Timing rather than just screwing the Boost right up!!

The map feels great straight out the box and I clocked up 2,000 miles before doing any data logging. I’ve now done 5,500 miles on this Stage 2 map and the car hasn’t missed a single beat!! I’ve written this as simply and descriptive as I can so that anybody reading it that isn’t that clued up about this kinda stuff will hopefully understand how it all works. I think I read somewhere that you were going for Litchfield Stage 2 in the future, well I think your definitely making the right choice mate!! I’d love to get a Custom Tune done by them but it’s so far away from me, but you never know!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Morning Marc

Have you ever sent Litchfield your data logs?

The custom tune doesn’t need to be done at their facility. Simply do 3 pulls in 3rd and record each one then send the logs to Litchfield and they will tweak your map to suit your car.

Yeah I’m also after stage 2 Litchfield as I’ve got most the hardware however if my car was standard I’d happily just go stage 1 after the results I’ve seen in the past.

When I do get my car mapped with them I’m going to ask them to hold back slightly so the car is running safer. I’m not to fussed for high number I’d like to go for the 400bhp mark which hopefully won’t require forged internals

v8griff
    Participant

UK - England

@71bda, good shout seeing as Dreamscience are selling their unit and map for £375 at the moment. Is the Litchfield option worth an additional £300?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@s66anb

Evening mate!! This is how I log my runs, apologies for the quality, they’re screenshots of an email I got from Litchfield back in September.

@v8griff

I guess it’s down to personal choice mate. It’s like anything, you get what you pay for. I never had Stage 1 so can’t comment but I’ve heard only good things about it and I can definitely say I’m delighted with the Stage 2 if that’s anything to go by?! A very smooth map indeed, under all driving conditions.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

s66anb
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Marc looks to me like you have a custom tune. Litchfield have asked you to do data logs and send your results to them then they alter them if required and send you the revised map. This is what I done with the Adam tune map i have and how probably most accessport tunes are now done.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Does anyone know:

If the Litchfield save the existing map for example if you have the FPM375 does the Litchfield save this to the device also does the new Mountune handset that’s unlocked as the M400X is supposed ton be do this?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@white-rs2

Evening mate!! Yeah the COBB ACCESSPORT from Litchfield stores your current map, in your case FPM375, then you upload their map, be it Stage 1 or 2 and choose the map for the Octane Rating of fuel you use, 99 all the way. It’s easy to swap back to original map if required. Don’t know anything about the Mountune one.

Cheers, Marc.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Marc 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I sent Litchfield an email this time yesterday is this their normal wait time for a response ?

Asking about their 100 cell downpipe and their stage 2 handset requested two prices one for fitting and two for supply only; heard nothing as yet???

I used this email: Sales@litchfieldmotors.com

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@white-rs2

Morning mate!! I’ve always had a prompt response from Litchfield, Email Iain directly on this email, iain@litchfieldmotors.com. Thinking of Stage 2 are yi?? NICE!!

Cheers, Marc.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

New email sent iain@litchfieldmotors.com.

Cheers again 🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

I would recommend editing the above posts to remove Iain’s email address – as forums are trawled by bots to collect addresses to add to spam lists.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Well it’s 18.10 and neither Iain or sales responded from Litchfield, guess it probably a busy day in the workshop

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs & brembo – lain or iain?  or perhaps ian? who knows? lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Litchfield vs Mountune. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!