Lowered Seat Rails

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Lowered Seat Rails

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 534 total)
  • Author

cntrdctn86
    Participant

USA

@jcr_developments I’m glad to see so many people are happy with your shell seat mounts. I am eagerly awaiting your solution for the NA seats.

dator
    Participant

United Kingdom

@johnybigarms

I am also thinking of trying out the 7.5 degrees setting for exactly the same reason; thighs are not fully supported.

How does the back support feel after the added rack setting? Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks.

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Dator, the feeling is that your bum is in a a more acute angled V but you feel like your really glued into a sports seat, my thighs are at rest lying on the seat, no air gaps, this allowed me to move the seat forward a notch, that brought the steering wheel a tad closer too, which means at cruise it’s exactly where I want it with my right arm resting on the door rest, before it felt like the wheel was too far away, I’m really happy with the difference it’s made, I finally fit the controls, before I couldn’t find a perfect fit.

im 6ft 1, with 34inch inside leg

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

JustinSpain
    Participant

Spain

Hmm…I think when I get a couple of hours I will try adding the rake on mine.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ Johnnybigguns thats exactly how I feel and i’m a few inches shorter than you, the steering wheel needs ‘reach’ adjustment!! my arms are too ‘straight’ in normal driving position ( and the seat backrest is a hell of a lot more vertical than i would like it) and stretch at the 12’oclock position when going round a corner etc, to get the steering wheel feeling a bit closer i have to sit closer to it and then my legs feel too bent and clutch foot too bent at ankle joint when depressing  the clutch ! a no win situation at moment.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@ Justin. Love the vids mate, and the cat ! maybe try taking the seat out of the back door next time?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

JustinSpain
    Participant

Spain

thanks Mike!  Good idea…I hadn’t though about taking it out of the back door!

racermike
    Participant

United Kingdom

Chaps. Easiest way to get the seat out of the car is to leave the backrest relatively upright, but turn the whole seat through 90deg so the outboard bolster is level with the floor, and the head rest pokes out of the rear door. You should then, relatively easily, be able to rotate the whole lot out of the car through the front door.

Mine’s at 7.5deg now. I’m 6ft1 and have long legs, so always lack thigh support in almost every car, so the extra rake suits me perfectly. You psychologically feel like it’s slightly higher after having it at standard rake, but it not at all in reality. Just make sure you use the extra spacers on the rear bracket between the rail and the bracket.

@JustinSpain
    In your video, you seemed confused by the orientation of the nuts and bolts on the rail. Having the nut on the inside of the rail is absolutely fine. There aren’t any clearance issues.

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

Racermike your right about the rake making the seat feel higher than standard rake but as I had already tried the standard rake and adjusted the mirrors etc, when i changed to 7.5 degree rake I can confirm I didnt heed to readjust them, so the spine is still in the same position, the rake means your knees are more bent and as such you can bring your seat a step closer, that benefits rear space and the steering wheel is now closer which is a massive bonus as the standard Ford position left me feeling like I was over reaching for the steering wheel at cruise, try the 7.5 degree rake boys, it’s ace

Mountune M380 package

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

Great posts guys  I’ll go with the rake now when I finally get mine plus I’ll have to run at standard height I think for a few months 1st

I’ll need mine fitting by someone though …if anyone near to Stoke or Huddersfield is up for the help (paid of course) ??

dator
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi guys,

I took the time today to re-install the frame with the 7.5 degrees extra rake and i can confirm it’s epic. It took me just over 1.5 hrs and i only looked at the manual to confirm the torque settings.

The support i now get on my thighs is excellent. I also found getting in and out of the seat a bit easier. Another important benefit for me is that i can rest my legs at a better angle and it does not feel tiring.

It’s certainly worth having another go to add the extra rake. You will not be disappointed!!

@racermike
    many thanks for the recommendation on how to get the seat out. It literally took 15 secs.

@johnybigarms
    your review was influential and i am glad i tried the extra rake. Thanks mate.

Pat Godfrey
    Participant

United Kingdom

Brilliant forum posts

All my questions and concerns covered spot on

even if I had my car I can’t lower the seats just yet but everyone seems delighted ?

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

Pleased you  have took the plunge too Dator, 7.5 degree is default choice I would say for taller folk, certainly try it first, if it doesn’t suit you can always try the standard rake

Mountune M380 package

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi just come in after fitting seat rails brilliant went for the 7.5 degree the whole car is transformed i am 6′ 1 a must have well done jcr ? ?

mooncat
    Participant

UK - England

Finally fitted mine today after 4 hour’s! Yes I know it can be done in under 2 but I’m a idiot and not technically gifted in any way so thats my excuse. I did feel that the instructions were a little vague in certain area’s and I would have liked some idiot proof instructions that went into more detail, also more pictures would have been a great help but I am pleased to confirm what everyone else has been saying about the product and yep its a game changer! I’m 6’5 so lowering the seat was a serious need for me as my knee’s were to close to the steering wheel which becomes a real problem when your driving hard on country lanes. Thanks to quite a few comments in the thread I went for the 7 degree rake and its sooooo much better than before! I didn’t realise the lack of support for under the thigh area until I sat in the new configuration and its way more comfortable. The car feel’s so much different with your ass nearer the floor it’s amazing. I totally get it now and I urge all of you who are unsure if you really need it or doubting how much difference it makes to do what I did and take note of all the great and honest opinions on here and buy the kit and drive the ? out of your RS!

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 534 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Lowered Seat Rails. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!