Lowered Seat Rails

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Lowered Seat Rails

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 534 total)
  • Author

JCR_Developments
    Participant

United Kingdom

@9designs

I think you’re more than aware that TuV approval and ‘Homologated’ is not the same thing and neither infer the other. Also, a design in isolation cannot be subject to TuV testing AND as you will have seen as your time within the industry TuV does not always guarantee a good and proper design. While TuV approval is a legality in Germany, Switzerland etc it does not mean that parts without TuV approval are inherently of poor design.

Either way, I think its clear by now that you’re unlikely to be interested in our offerings so I would ask that you refrain from questioning every point raised in a manner that suggests that our solution will be unsafe or unfit for purpose. I’ll be more than happy to answer your questions once the frames are officially released at which point all relevant information will be disclosed.

Regards

Jonny

Innovative products showcasing the latest in Motorsport engineering, realised for some of the worlds greatest high performance vehicles

JCR_Developments
    Participant

United Kingdom

@rsgav

Ill be keeping this thread up-to-date with the latest information and hope that our released pricing will be attractive

Regards

Jonny

Innovative products showcasing the latest in Motorsport engineering, realised for some of the worlds greatest high performance vehicles

rsgav
    Participant

UK - England

Thank you JRC Jonny.

I will keep watching this space.

Cheers.

yoshi
    Participant

Germany

In Germany we have a Plug&Play Kit to come 30mm down.

http://www.autositz-center.de

rsgav
    Participant

UK - England

@yoshi

Whats the cost for them?

Cheers

racermike
    Participant

United Kingdom

@yoshi

I’m pretty sure thats these rails here:

They do indeed fit the floorpan, but they won’t fit the Sportster seats in the RS. The Sportsters supplied with the car, have a different design of rail mounting which means that they won’t fit Recaro’s own accessory mounts!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Funny that  people think nothing about paying a gimper £400 upwards to splash a  few chemicals over the bodywork, shine a few 1000watt bulbs, machine buff a bit, then talk about paintwork correction as if its some black art only “the chosen few” can do, some even blow  £1000 plus on a 370bhp map that some folk say doesn’t do much,but ask folk who complain about too-high Recaro shell seats to consider buying an actual physical mechanical solution and its like ” woo, I cant afford that” !!! really funny. £500+ on  something you cant see , or £500+ ( TBC) on making the shells suit people, I know where my dough would go ! And mr 9designs, you really need to lighten up, I’ve seen a lot of pompous folk in  my lifetime, but…. sir….you…. take…. the …. biscuit. 😎

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

FRS
    Participant

Norway

JCR; please keep up the good work.

I am still in.

yoshi
    Participant

Germany

1 Seat = 490€

Bernd Rösner KG make a lot Costum Parts.

FRS
    Participant

Norway

ESPEN BRUUN – CAR SET – LHD

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

TUBS RS

RHD DRIVER ONLY but depending on price will perhaps do both

thanks

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

@ Mike Parker,   while I agree with your comments re price, the rest is BS, I just happen to be Mechanical Engineer with many years automotive seating design experience… but if you feel you know better than me then crack on.

@ Jonny,   trying to twist words and terms is a pointless diversion from the real issues. Get a seat+frame on a sled and signed off to at least ECE regs.

Apologies to all for me bothering to show an interest and care about safety and legal design,  it’s an occupational requirement in my job.

I’m done ….

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

JCR_Developments
    Participant

United Kingdom

* Preorder list *

ESPEN BRUUN – CAR SET – LHD

TUBSRS – DRIVER SIDE – RHD

racermike
    Participant

United Kingdom

@9designs

I’m not sure what your angle is here, or why you’re so intent on picking holes in everything. If this bracket was put on a sled, it would certainly be the only aftermarket seat mounting kit that I’m aware of that would have had this done. Even Recaro’s own ‘approved’ mounting brackets are only ABE (general operator license) approved  which only means that they have been conform to the legals defined by the German Govt. As worded in the ABE documentation, these are:

“The general operating license certifies that the system complies with the applicable regulations
    of the StVZO (German road traffic licensing regulations) and may be used on public roads.”

This does not imply any testing has been done, or indeed that the design is inherently safe. The brakets in the Mk2 Focus RS are these exact brackets that Recaro sell under these regulations. Added to this, any FIA approved seat mounting is NOT sled tested but defines the following:

1) Supports must be attached to the shell/chassis via at least 4 mounting points per seat using bolts with a minimum diameter of 8 mm and counterplates, according to the drawing. The minimum area of contact between support, shell/chassis and counterplate is 40 mm2 for each mounting point.

If rails for adjusting the seat are used, they must be those originally supplied with the homologated car or with the seat.

2) The seat must be attached to the supports via 4 mounting points, 2 at the front and 2 at the rear of the seat, using bolts with a minimum diameter of 8 mm and reinforcements integrated into the seat. Each mounting point must be capable of withstanding a force of 15000 N applied in any direction.

3) The minimum thickness of the supports and counterplates is 3 mm for steel and 5 mm for light alloy materials. The minimum longitudinal dimension of each support is 6 cm. All the occupants’ seats must be either original, modified only through the addition of accessories with a registered trademark, or homologated by the EEC, the FMVSS or the FIA (8855/1999 standard), and not modified.

The above is a proven, calculated method of producing a seat mount which will withstand a high G impact. If Jonny’s design meets these regulations, then what would a sled test prove?

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

I can vouch for Johnny’s designs as I know him from my GTR days. His products are great!

Out me down for drivers side to start with as passenger’s are secondary!!!! LOL

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 534 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Lowered Seat Rails. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!