Lowered Seat Rails

Home Forums Styling Interior Styling Lowered Seat Rails

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 534 total)
  • Author

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

very good, nice opportunity. but too expensive for me. understand this isn’t a cheap change, but at 600 gbp plus fitting this is an expensive change.

good luck, this is a nice opportunity so i wish you success.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I don’t pick mine up until March 1, so cant say if I need the lowered mounts yet, but will be keeping an eye on this in the meantime, @ Comedy Si, as the seats only have 4 bolts holding them in each, I would think the conversion should really be a DIY job even for the least experienced spanner turner, and a proposed 2″ drop is going to transform the sitting position for the “tall lads” !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

you could just do the drivers side are you really going to notice if one seat is higher and lower than the other

JCR_Developments
    Participant

United Kingdom

@comedysi

The frames will be sent pre assembled so the install process will be nice and straight forward. So much so that the seat doesn’t even need to come out of the car for the install to take place.

New bolts / Loctite / Torque settings / Fitting instructions will all be supplied so DIY install should be a breeze 🙂

I suppose the value in a more comfortable seating position will be fairly subjective amongst owners but as I said, a car set will be priced accordingly with discount and a group buy should see the target retail price come down a little too.

Regards

Jonny

Innovative products showcasing the latest in Motorsport engineering, realised for some of the worlds greatest high performance vehicles

JCR_Developments
    Participant

United Kingdom

@TubsRs

This is the idea with offering the solution to suit both RHD & LHD vehicles as Driver / Passenger / Car Set 🙂

Regards

Jonny

Innovative products showcasing the latest in Motorsport engineering, realised for some of the worlds greatest high performance vehicles

TubsRs
    Participant

UK - Scotland

jonny

are you wanting numbers just as post on here or through your website

thanks

JCR_Developments
    Participant

United Kingdom

@TubsRs

Im happy to start a list on here and offer the preferential pricing associated to the group buy to Mk3 Focus RS forums members prior to the frames being released for general sale

Regards

Jonny

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Can you detail/explain your test plan please.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

JCR_Developments
    Participant

United Kingdom

@9designs

All such information will be detailed upon general release.

Out of interest, did you ask the manufacturer of your aftermarket brake hoses for testing plan, corrosion resistance report and homologation papers before considering purchase and installation to your car? I think we can both agree that such items are safety critical.

Regards

Jonny

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t get me wrong, I’m 5 7 on a good day and even I think the seats are far too high… But, not a cheap change.

H4RDY
    Participant

United Kingdom

I’m out £600 too much for me i’m afraid,

I was expecting a similar price to Buddy Club low sear runners they are circa £150 per side for other cars.

fathertom74
    Participant

France

Too much for me

JCR_Developments
    Participant

United Kingdom

@Peter Hardy

Worth noting the Recaro Solution which lowers the seat less than 15mm without any level of adjustment works out to around £550 per side once imported.

Official pricing will be released once confirmed but I thought it best to give an indication. The £300 mentioned is an estimate at this stage and discount would be offered for both group buy and ordering pairs so the £600 you have mentioned is not really representative.

Unfortunately it would be physically impossible to engineer a solution for this problem and retail for the price point you have mentioned of £150 per side. The Recaro rails alone cost £80+vat

Regards

Jonny

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

@ JCR

Yes, as they are from Goodrich and TUV approved…  Is your design?

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

rsgav
    Participant

UK - England

Would be interested in a pair, but not if its nearly £600. i Just can not warrant spending that amount.

Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 534 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Lowered Seat Rails. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!