Mudflaps

Home Forums Styling General Mudflaps

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’m just wondering how the (my) flaps are going to fare at 3 years old on the MOT test, I’m imagining them getting caught on the gritty drums of the brake test rollers while they are revolving and testing the brakes as cars do sit quite low in the rollers as they are set kind of flush with the floor level unlike rolling road ‘dyno’ rollers which are normally a bit higher. Anyone?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@warehou. The fronts are not a perfect fit there is a slight gap where the flap meets the body, but they do a fantastic job of keeping the dirt and stone rash down. Rears F1798977/ Fronts F 1722673

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Bob ! you still have the knobbly bits on your tyres! new or are you  on low mileage?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Ha ha ha @bda not my car But a fellow Shadow Black owner on here who has also fitted Ford ones to the front. No knobbly bits on my tyres although my mileage is not high ?

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@warehou, here’s mine as you can see there’s a slight gap

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Bob Rej
    Participant

UK - England

New tyres

mexicoian
    Participant

UK - England

rs-nut
    Participant

Australia

@bobcat

“I’ve not found anything that Fords have to do the job perfectly, although I have fitted Focus Mk3 fronts they are not a perfect fit but they do a really good job a keeping the muck down and the stone rash. When fitted there is a small gap were the mud flap should meet the body”

How did the fitting of these go? Any drilling or messing about?

Cheers

Nut. Lancashire to Queensland.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@rs-nut, no problem with the rears, it was a personal thing I put an extra fixing on the far inside of the mud flap where it meet the liner. The fronts again no problem as such, if you soak them in hot water you’ll find them more pliable because they are tight around the sill. You have to push up the mud flap to locate the holes so making them softer helps a lot.

Honorary Member

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Rallyflapz – Has anyone got any pics please of the front and rear inside arch showing the black Rallyflapz, Kaylan or PVC, in position.

carnut
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat are the rears just standard mk3 focus mudflaps?

Magnetic Grey 17 plate

Engine not mucked about with……

Autobeam Sequential indicators-Ford RS carbon fibre gear knob- DMB RS spoiler inlays- DMB RS wheel inlays- Ghost alarm- Exhaust valve delete- Polished within an inch of it’s life!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Nigel, yes standard Mk3 Focus mud flaps

Honorary Member

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Hi all anyone know where I can buy rally armor flaps for mk3 rs with blue logo, mountune only seem to do yellow logo, they do blue but oversea based , I want uk based if possible cheers folks take care. 👍👍👍

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Blue or black flaps? Try KMS Motorsport. I think they sell them

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Mudflaps. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!