NASTY PAINTWORK ISSUE!!

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing NASTY PAINTWORK ISSUE!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Brembo, another top result, please you are able to get it sorted without any issue ?

Honorary Member

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo

Yes me too pleased for you a good result, a decent painter should be able to paint that with the spray gun  and should be undetectable, I would spray some Dinitrol cavity wax in there when its back just to be on the safe side.

Coastliner

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

@brembo – The right result. Congrats!

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Excellent result @brembo.  ??

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Hands up who has also checked there is two on theirs ? ?

Did find drivers side a bit poor with area of missing paint, a run drip and early signs of corrosion.

Does anyone know the reason for the little flap?

OverRev
    Participant

UK - England

brembo – Evening Marc, really glad for you mate that Ford are covering this under warranty. It sounds like your dealer is seeing you right, that’s really good, it gives you confidence going forward that they’re going to look after you, sadly, that’s not always something that’s a given these days.

71-bda is right to persist his recommendation to you regarding getting some flaps fitted though Marc, I mean, unless of course you don’t like the look of them, I’d definitely get some on there.  I didn’t have flaps on my first 16 RS, I’ll be honest, I preferred the car without, long story short, after near enough two years of using the car as a daily I had accumulated way too many chips and rash to the nitrous, particularly in the blast areas behind the wheels, also, my reversing sensors on the inside of the rear bumper were buried in crud. I’ll admit, I travelled on some pretty shoddy, shite covered roads throughout the winters though.

It goes without saying, that second time around I had a change of heart, and decided to have flaps fitted to the car on it’s PDI prior to collection, as for the look of flaps on the car, well they’ve grown on me, just as well I guess.

Good luck with the warranty work.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Gm the flap is so the car makes homologation stds in certain countries ( possibly the EU or even the U.S) that require a certain % of the tyre to be covered by the rear arch. I believe there is also a regulation about ‘not being able to see the tyre from an angle 0f ( i think its 50 degrees) ‘  from where I do not know, maybe from back looking down at 50 degrees?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Cheers bda … its one of those things you see but do not really think about.

greg
    Participant

UK - Wales

I’ve just checked my car after reading this and there’s no flaps at all on mine, were they fitted to all the Rs or after a certain date

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

all Greg !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

greg
    Participant

UK - Wales

How do they fit to the rear bumper/panel

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Morning All!! Dropped the RS off this morning to get the paintwork issue sorted and the elusive N/S/R baby flap fitted. The paintwork has got worse over the last month, not sure if it’s due to the corner of the rear bumper moving/chattering against the wing at high speed or what?? Here’s some pics…..

1st is looking up with the rear bumper pulled away slightly….

I get her back tomorrow evening so shall update then. Hopefully I’ve caught it just in time!!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Marc !! I’m not telling you again my son !! FLAPS, FLAPS and 2 more FLAPS !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hope it goes well Marc, look forward to the update. Why you not got Flaps … ha ha ha

Honorary Member

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda and @bobcat

Right!! So what we talking here??

Rallyflapz 4mm PVC from the Club shop??

Are they the ones that will go right up to my new babyflaps?? Haha!! ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to NASTY PAINTWORK ISSUE!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!