Nates Sabre Tuning 665bhp 558lbft RS

Home Forums General Members’ Cars Nates Sabre Tuning 665bhp 558lbft RS

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 766 total)
  • Author

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

il add the next bit in a bit.

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

peters
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

This is going to be interesting !

Its back !

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Nate do you know a Mark who’s also got the M520 car in Blue?

If you do what’s his thoughts on it, I understand he was underwhelmed with his M400x map.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

White-rs2

mark? Irish mark?

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

hello Nate yes that’s the chap Irish Mark with his M520 is his in your FB group ??

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

What’s app group yes

you should join

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

How ??

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

the list of damage seemed endless

block, rod, pte, starter motor, oil cooler, oil lines,turbo, sump etc etc etc something like£ 12500 worth of damage

so I was quite un fazed by it all as I was under the impression I was covered by my warranty, and all seemed good, the closer to the time my car was ready to come back they started to use words like consequential damage and how much I am going to be paying towards the cost of repair etc etc etc

so rewind to the point of them having the car back 21st jan

I again started talks about big turbo kit etc I knew the M475 was due and they were waiting for stock and results etc  plan was to collect my car at cars and coffee schmee was the lead on the m475 as he has lots of followers and good advertising for them, I had a couple conversations with him over instagram and an idea thrown about to have both cars red and blue edition photo’d together maybe reviewed whatever but nothing that came to fruition.

my rods were inspected by mountune racing development team and then sent away for an independent inspection microsope inspection or something I cant remember now they wanted to check all the rods one to make sure the remaining x3 were good to be usde and two to see what had failed on the cyl 3 rod.

to say the least I wasn’t happy that they were going to use the original rods and bung a spare they had floating around, but my hands are tied they are doing the warranty work and they are having to re warranty any work they carry out so its on them.

I guess I had peace of mind knowing the rods were inspected independently also and they came back perfect, the next issue was getting a block ,ford uk at the time were not selling blocks as they were keeping them for warranty recalls/replacements etc all I was told is they are pulling in favours of favours to get me a block

so I turned to the oil cooler that needed to be replaced so no point of going standard I thought I wanted the front mount kit mountune were offering I tried to get that thrown in nope. so they did look after me and discount it I paid £545

then all about turn my car was going back together in M400X form I had to pursue the fact I wanted a brand new turbo as they were going to use my old one.

the figure started to knock about that I had to pay £1500 toward my repair for the pte and starter motor, then it jumped to £2000 I said id be prepared  for the amount of £3000 for the repair if it were to inc the big turbo kit  which then became £3500

so consequential damage what the fuck is that all about I asked, well a component of ours has failed that’s fine we will replace that but all the other parts are consequential damage so technically we don’t cover those and in actual fact we don’t cover the forged rod really

whys that I asked , because its a race car part there is no warranty on it , we don’t get one when we buy them.

errrr so how or why do you give a warranty on them? because we have used them for over 35 years and never had an issue , but we will look after you that is their unofficial strap line  so for a second I was gong to be faced with a 12.5 k bill but they wanted a small amount to go towards it .

I wasn’t comfortable paying anything for repairing my car tbh

so all of a sudden no big turbo cars going back to m400x with a new turbo and no bill to pay!

mountune did good on their warranty

so far so good so again mountune you get what you pay for although not as straight forward as you would like and a trip round the houses they did look after me  I can take that away from them very pleased .

another day off to collect car so another £200 lost plus the fact the car was off the road from January til april so im still paying for the car all his time.

the understanding now is that im taking the car back to MT when the big turbo bits come back into stock

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

white-rs you got to give me your number

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

ford have just replaced my handbrake it was vibrating like mad (carbon one because it being an edition)

they also replced my fog light unit as was inop

and are replacing all x4 of my forged wheels on Tuesday next week due to laquer peel  so result

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Hello Nate it’s 07980 133602 ?

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

peters
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Hi Nate

Did they tell you how the rod failed ? Or was it a bolt ?

According to Carrillo they are all MPI checked twice

Its back !

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

@peters

apparently the big end bolt sheared off and shot through the sump like a bullet, I was travelling at approx. 65-70 mph when this happened I had just accelerated out of a 50mph zone Cardiff tunnels

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

had the car dynod at mountune and it made 396.6 bhp 420 lbft

I drove it straight to sabre tuning it made 395.5 bhp 420 lbft

so I was happy

the next instalment sees me carrying out a routine service at the ford main dealer where they noticed I had an oil leak, they said not to worry they would rectify the leak until they investigated further and liaised with mountune, It was then decided it HAD to go back to them, they were very vauge as to what the nature of the leak was and left me wondering several phone call later it was infact the headgasket leaking

so to recap mileage times here

2400 miles plug fail

3400 engine rebuilt forged

9000 miles rod failed -rebuilt again

16,000 miles head gasket failiure

car goes back to mountune ford fair weekend 28th aug to have headgasket replaced and to go in for the M520  package 1st car to go in to have it fitted my car was due to be one week turnaround

so as the heads coming off if you can send me back the head il get it ported etc and send it back …no we do not reccommed using a polished and ported head we will not warranty any of the build if you go down that route anyway we wouldn’t fit it anyway. ffs ok

11th sep see my friend richs car out of the workshop and converted to m520 no reviews all quiet wheres my car?

x3 weeks pass no car , its not making the power mate ? what? its not making th epower dunno why its not doing it we are investigating everything we can

stripped the dev car swapped bits over nothing,g inspected cat, downpipe ,turbo, head, valves etc

then one day oh the VCT has failed ? what? yep never known one to go before no one has so we need to strip the car down again and replace it etc

did that no change

car is making 450-460 bhp

right we found the problem your powerflex engine mounts are causing to much vibration and the engine is picking up false knock so they adjusted the map (knock settings) and sure enough made more power this time 485 bhp  couldn’t get any more out of it

swapped the standard mounts back in same 485

mate got to strip your motor down again , ffs what for this time to double check everything ok do it nothing much else we can do at this point.

so have you ever over revved this engine? nope, what do you mean I never go near the rev limiter , no that’s fine the limiter is there you can use that I mean changing down gear have you ever over revved it that way?

NO! absolutely not ever, well sorry but your pisons are cracked

WTF ? what do you mean they are cracked they are forged pistons the best on the market don’t tell me they arnt warrantied…..they have hair line cracks but shouldn’t effect the performance where the cracks are , we are going to bung in another set of pistons and go from there.

the thing is you see these pistons were already cracked on the m400x tune…. not the m520 as they had only just installed it.

so engine fully rebuilt again

get a phone call still not making the power wtaf is going on took the car to the dyno clutch has given up car has done 20,000 miles  are you serious?

yes so what now?

well you need to stick a new clutch in It, sooooooo ok if im going to do that I want an uprated clutch in it

no we do not recommend putting in an uprated clutch the stock clutch is absolutely fine , uprated clutches smash the syncros in the gear box hence why we no longer run uprated clutches.

right how much is a stock clutch il get a price and get back to you

£1500 supply and fit stock clutch flywheel and salve cy fuck that not paying it im fucking done with this car just leave it il stick a clutch in it another time, so fucking pissed off at this stage it was unreal. they then came back with well what do you want to pay , I don’t want to pay anything I was expecting a clutch to fail I haven’t budgeted for a clutch to fail ok would you be willing to pay £600 towards the bil?

I had a think and thought well genuine clutch flywheel and slave fitted that’s a good price , its a new car fuck it just do it I just want the car back

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

peters
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

Thanks Nate

You just made up my mind to go for ARP 625 bolts !

I think for good measure i am going to NDE  the Rods , bolts and pistons myself before i go for the build

Its back !

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 766 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Nates Sabre Tuning 665bhp 558lbft RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!