New owner and not happy

Home Forums General Newbie New owner and not happy

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author

jonyscam
    Participant

UK - England

lol….

now on a serious note, how many people have turned off PDC?

am curious to the results?

buz
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome Gordon.

I also had the shock of nearly being pulled into the hedge row when I first put my toe down on a B road not long after getting my RS this time last year. It was a little unnerving and a complete surprise but thought that was how the car drives and learnt to tame it a bit until I read up on here that it’s the PDC and easily improved.

I had my 2nd service done in March and had the PDC turned off and it’s made a huge improvement! The car still tramlines on occasions when trundling along our poor roads but any sharp steering veers have stopped and it’s way more settled on my local B road blasts.

Enjoy the humble pie Brembo ? most of us have been there mate.

2017 Nitrous Blue RS with every option except shell seats – no blue bolsters for me though.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Gordon, I had pdc turned off at 2nd service in March. Dramatic improvement in my case. Usual tramlining but overall very happy with how the RS is behaving at thr moment ?

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I had it off too. great improvement in the original fast zigzagging, but recently the slow slalom effect has appeared to  come back a bit stronger than it was at first( after having it off), but its still better than with the pdc on. if you get me!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

ghand
    Participant

UK - England

Well I’ve just been reading an American forum and some guy could get his car to swerve from side to side every time he booted it on this up hill road. He turned off the hill start ! and the car was transformed, not one jot of swerve, so asked others to do it and report back. Loads said it cured the problem ??? Now the hill start does take control of engine revs and front wheel lock I think ? but surely this won’t help ? He said the car felt better at low speeds.

Maybe it was another drunken post ??

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Ghand. Nope, that thread was put to rest ages ago, switching off hill start assist does NOT cure veering steering slalom. The bloke in question was a known nutter on there and was just hopefull I think, he got to the stage where he really believed it cures it. But it does not.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

ghand
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for that fella. Yes thought it sounded a bit simple ?? taking mine in tomorrow to be checked over and I’ll ask them to switch off the PDC as you lot advise, then I’m in the Lake District for a few days so time to try the car on some nice roads.

ghand
    Participant

UK - England

So the local dealer did a great job of telling me it had no faults recorded and it test drove fine after me telling them that would happen so don’t bother ?

They refused to turn off the DPC on safety grounds and are going to look into it for me but I won’t hold my breath ?

Logged the fault with Ford Customer Relations ( like every owner should ) and they are happy to investigate also. So I’m waiting to hear back from them.

ghand
    Participant

UK - England

Oh forgot to mention the Manager of the service department asked me was it four wheel drive ? I very nearly said hang on I’ll ask the wife  ? And another service guy on the desk told me I’ve probably got the old engine as they replaced the engines with a new one around 2017 as the older ones kept blowing up ?

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Mine will be turned off on next service..but, like you say, being a safety feature as such, I will have to sign a waiver to be held on file.

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

ghand
    Participant

UK - England

Well like every owner should be doing I’m pushing Ford for more. They should be bombarded with forcefully worded requests from every RS owner till they have a software upgrade that works. I’ve pointed out the litigation aspects involved for Ford if someone is involved in a serious accident due to the known problem. Seems most owners just seem happy to let it be a ‘ feature ‘ of the car ??????

I’ve  requested a free courtesy car from Ford capable of safely accelerating hard above 70 mph without steering problems when I next visit friends in Germany as my £26000,  165 mph Ford is not fit for purpose ? As they say 70 mph is our speed limit  So it’s OK ? I also asked why I have a track mode if it a basket case to press on hard over 70 mph ? Can’t wait for the reply ?

ghand
    Participant

UK - England

Give me the PDC software and I’ll re write it with say 70% less output limits so it works a little for cross winds or camber ( slightly ?) but doesn’t throw the fecking thing all over the road like I’ve experienced or a dash setting to switch it off as I can turn my steering wheel when needed ??

andy-k
    Participant

UK - England

ghand, find another garage, meet their service manager, tell him you want to build a long term relationship and want PDC turned off. Gates of Harlow (appreciate that may be a long way to go) have been very professional, helpful and obliging to all my requests. Think about FENG off too. Lots of people on this forum have found good dealers, many have told of poor ones too.

Edition, FPM 375

Wingnut
    Participant

UK - England

The Focus RS 2.3 is currently under investigation by the DVSA, Safety Branch for the veering fault. They are working with Ford to investigate the issue.

Any owners experiencing this veering/steering should write to the Vehicle Safety Branch, Berkeley House, Croydon Street, Bristol, BS5 0DA

Ford Motor Company have continually tried to brush this serious fault under the carpet but the more vehicles that are looked at by the safety branch the more likely this fault can be investigated and corrected

My son suffered serious injuries when a Focus RS veered into him in December last year

Wingnut
    Participant

UK - England

Aftermath of a veering focus rs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New owner and not happy. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!