New sync 3 update

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment New sync 3 update

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

I updated mine to F9 maps around July last year from the Ford site.

Ants RS
    Participant

UK - England

Just entered my details on the Ford website & it’s saying that everything is up to date,but I’ve not done anything ??

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

@Ants RS, what version does the car state it’s on?  Mine was V3.0 19205 with F9 Maps, now V3.0 2024 with F9 Maps.

Check About Sync Settings in the car.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

Ants RS
    Participant

UK - England

@Srea064,map version is F5 so am I right in thinking the previous owner didn’t upgrade to sync 3 ?

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

@Ants RS, is your map on a SD card, and the screen divided into four square sections?  If so…you have Sync 2. If your Home Screen is a light blue with icons along the bottom, then you do have Sync 3. The latest software is v3.0 20045 and F9 Maps, there is no SD with Sync 3.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

Ants RS
    Participant

UK - England

Srea064,you are right as it’s only Sync 2.Is there anyone in the group that can do a Sync 3 upgrade & not rip me off with the price ??

alasdair mccafferty
    Participant

UK - England

I’m not an expert but dont think you can upgrade from 2 to 3 without new hardware. A google search might confirm.

cheers,

Al

alasdair mccafferty
    Participant

UK - England

Just down the list in the ICE forum is a chat about this already. Sounds expensive!

Al

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Latest SYNC3 software I’ve just downloaded from FMC  and installed is version 3.0, build 20204, no problems with the installation. 👍

Ca9Phoenix
    Participant

UK - England

I’m 30 minutes into the update from 3.0 to 3.4 and so far matching the time frames with the YouTube video. Fingers crossed it will all go smoothly and I’ll have the new software up and running in about 15 minutes.

NB 2017

DSRS induction

Velossatech big mouth

Forge recirculation valve

mountune sound suppression chamber

DS Ultima2+

a few stickers… TBC

hsheikh
    Participant

UK - England

Dear All,

I found your thread and decided to update my RS Blue Edition Sync3 from 3.0 build 19205 to build 20204.

Unfortunately, once the updating message disappeared, the update complete did not appear,  after nearly an hour I turned the engine off. Sometime later I checked the sync build and it still it remains at 19205.

I looked for the log file and found an interlog_(lots of numbers) directory with a file utloggingutility.interlog_utility.log but no XML file to upload to the Ford Sync website.

I have tried both versions of the interrogator (AB and AD) utility, nothing happens and no log files are being generated.

I have tried to run the sync 3 update again but no messages appear.

Your knowledge and experience would be sincerely appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Haroon

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to New sync 3 update. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!